Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

flying in Cambodia

• markharrison

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2011

My trusty Lonely Planet 'Cambodia' guide book suggests that you can fly between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh and also from Phnom Penh to Saigon with Cambodia Angkor Air.
    When I go to Cambodia Angkor Air website they have a link to Vietnam Airlines website (Vietnam Airlines apparently owns half of this airline) and it states that flights can be booked with Cambodia Angkor Air via the Vietnam Airlines website.

I am yet to work out how after visiting both websites on a number of occasions!

Can anyone please assist me with some suggestions on this one?

#1 Posted: 1/6/2011 - 12:24

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

I think Cambodia Angkor Air is still in the process of adding online booking.

Aside from their own ticketing offices, Cambodia Angkor Air refer you to several agents to purchase tickets.
    See here:
    http://www.cambodiaangkorair.com/default.aspx?tabid=601

A check at the website of one of the listed agents, Phuong Nam, shows this
    http://en.phuongnamstar.net/?wpsc_product_category=air-tickets&paged=2

I have no experience with them and the usual precautions about purchasing over the internet apply.

#2 Posted: 2/6/2011 - 08:03

• markharrison

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2011

Thanks very much for your help!

#3 Posted: 2/6/2011 - 11:53

• KhmerWays

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2011
    Location Cambodia

Dear Goonistik,

you need to book your flights over Vietnamese Airlines website due to the fact that it wouldn't make sense to have two online booking systems for "one" airline.

Jordan

#4 Posted: 7/6/2011 - 20:41

• springsteen

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2011

Thanks Goonistik.

I bought 2 tickets with www.en.phuongnamstar.net from Siem Reap to Hochiminh on Friday. They doesn't offer online confirm booking but I could easy to book by sending information through their booking form then they confirmed by email within the day. Payment was also easy by paying with credit cards on Paypal.

Recommended www.en.phuongnamstar.net while we cannot book with Cambodia Angkor Air and I found that price offered on Vietnam Airlines website is more expensive than buy at www.en.phuongnamstar.net
    Regards

#5 Posted: 9/10/2011 - 23:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.