Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh

Posted by daniel4 on 5/6/2011 at 04:23

Travel Fish rocks - great site and thanks for all the wonderful advice on this forum.
I was wondering whether I can get some advice on traveling from Phnom Penh to HCMC, by taxi? I have to get a flight from HCMC to Hong Kong and was reading elsewhere that you can get a taxi from Phnom Penh to HCMC for around $35 ( to the border) and then from the border crossing to HCMC for an additional $20?
Not sure if these figures are right? If this is the case would really be interested in any stories or better ways of doing this.

#1 daniel4 has been a member since 23/5/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by mikethediver on 14/6/2011 at 23:03

Hi,
Not sure about the taxi route, sounds expensive by my normal transport options!!
However, depending on your time constraints there is a ferry from Phonm Penn to Chau Doc and then onwards to Saigon. The ferry is a great senenic trip and well worth it;
mike

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by eastwest on 15/6/2011 at 15:22

Those taxi prices sound a bit cheap and I think you'll have to budget for more.
Timewise the bus services are fine and a taxi will only save you an hour or so. For comfort the buses are a little less comfortable than a taxi but by no means spartan.

#3 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.