Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

budget query

Posted by cechadwick25 on 19/7/2011 at 20:24

Hello,
myself and three other girls are planning a short trip (2 weeks) to cambodia in jan of 2012. Im just wondering about how much do you guys think we'll need per day including basic (not fancy but not gross) guesthouse, food and transport etc. At the moment we are planning on flying into the capital, spending time in SHV and visiting angkor wat.
Any help appreciated.

#1 cechadwick25 has been a member since 12/9/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by eastwest on 20/7/2011 at 13:20

Excluding flight ticket and insurance I'd say $50 per day roughly or $700 pp would be the minimum.

I assume that in those 2 weeks you'd like to be active and enjoy things and not be too much bothered with budgetting. Why fly all the way to Cambodia otherwise.
Cambodia can be really cheap and a decent room with aircon can be had for $10 ($5 pp)
Another $10 pp per day for basic food and other basic neccessities (bottled water and such)

That comes to $210 for basics
PP-SHV-PP-SR-PP bustickets are together roughly $50
Angkor entrance $40 for 3-day pass

Leaves you with roughly $400 for other activities (renting motorbikes, tuk tuks, massage and so on) and drinks. It's not huge but you'll be fine. In SHV draft beers are $0.75 cents for instance.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.