Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

budget query

• cechadwick25

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2009

Hello,
    myself and three other girls are planning a short trip (2 weeks) to cambodia in jan of 2012. Im just wondering about how much do you guys think we'll need per day including basic (not fancy but not gross) guesthouse, food and transport etc. At the moment we are planning on flying into the capital, spending time in SHV and visiting angkor wat.
    Any help appreciated.

#1 Posted: 19/7/2011 - 20:24

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Excluding flight ticket and insurance I'd say $50 per day roughly or $700 pp would be the minimum.

I assume that in those 2 weeks you'd like to be active and enjoy things and not be too much bothered with budgetting. Why fly all the way to Cambodia otherwise.
    Cambodia can be really cheap and a decent room with aircon can be had for $10 ($5 pp)
    Another $10 pp per day for basic food and other basic neccessities (bottled water and such)

That comes to $210 for basics
    PP-SHV-PP-SR-PP bustickets are together roughly $50
    Angkor entrance $40 for 3-day pass

Leaves you with roughly $400 for other activities (renting motorbikes, tuk tuks, massage and so on) and drinks. It's not huge but you'll be fine. In SHV draft beers are $0.75 cents for instance.

#2 Posted: 20/7/2011 - 13:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SEA 11 weeks Itinerary and budget query ... By tarakelly09 on 16 Apr 2012 4 2094 20 Apr 2012