Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bangkok-Siem Reap

Posted by NgMike on 21/7/2011 at 01:46

Hi All

My wife and I will travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap. We will take bus/train to cross the borders instead of using airway. We already have e-visa to avoid from problem at the border. Just wonder if anyone have the plan to travel on August so we could join in the trip.

Regards,
Mike Ng

#1 NgMike has been a member since 21/7/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by vietnamrum on 21/7/2011 at 13:05

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have completed the trip you plan to do. Did not have any problems but recommend you read the article below.

information on traveling to / from Cambodia:-
http://www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/overland.htm

have a good trip

#2 vietnamrum has been a member since 21/1/2011. Posts: 39

Posted by NgMike on 26/7/2011 at 02:41

Thank for the link
Rgds
Mike

#3 NgMike has been a member since 21/7/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by Blackartemis on 26/7/2011 at 15:32

Doing the same leg pretty soon, not 100% sure if my friend will be joining me or not. But I was interested in getting an e-visa, was the experience easy? DId you get it in the 3 business days as advertised? Cause I started reading some websties about it being problematic, but these websites also could be a scam to try to get tourists to go through them at the border for an extra fee to be "sure" to get a VoA...

#4 Blackartemis has been a member since 16/7/2011. Posts: 36

Posted by NgMike on 26/7/2011 at 20:39

Hi
Getting e-visa is very quick, two days only directly from the embassy. Make sure you copy down the reference number, you may need to use it later on for entry-port changed if necessary. Here is the link
http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/Default.aspx

Rgds,
M

#5 NgMike has been a member since 21/7/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by Blackartemis on 28/7/2011 at 11:26

thanks a bunch, went ahead and did the e-visa and I got approved and e-mailed my copy in less than 24hrs.

-BA

#6 Blackartemis has been a member since 16/7/2011. Posts: 36

Posted by Blackartemis on 28/7/2011 at 11:26

thanks a bunch, went ahead and did the e-visa and I got approved and e-mailed my copy in less than 24hrs.

-BA

#7 Blackartemis has been a member since 16/7/2011. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.