Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bangkok-Siem Reap

• NgMike

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2011

Hi All

My wife and I will travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap. We will take bus/train to cross the borders instead of using airway. We already have e-visa to avoid from problem at the border. Just wonder if anyone have the plan to travel on August so we could join in the trip.

Regards,
    Mike Ng

#1 Posted: 21/7/2011 - 01:46

• Advertisement

• vietnamrum

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have completed the trip you plan to do. Did not have any problems but recommend you read the article below.

information on traveling to / from Cambodia:-
    http://www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/overland.htm

have a good trip

#2 Posted: 21/7/2011 - 13:05

• NgMike

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2011

Thank for the link
    Rgds
    Mike

#3 Posted: 26/7/2011 - 02:41

• Blackartemis

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2011

Doing the same leg pretty soon, not 100% sure if my friend will be joining me or not. But I was interested in getting an e-visa, was the experience easy? DId you get it in the 3 business days as advertised? Cause I started reading some websties about it being problematic, but these websites also could be a scam to try to get tourists to go through them at the border for an extra fee to be "sure" to get a VoA...

#4 Posted: 26/7/2011 - 15:32

• NgMike

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2011

Hi
    Getting e-visa is very quick, two days only directly from the embassy. Make sure you copy down the reference number, you may need to use it later on for entry-port changed if necessary. Here is the link
    http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/Default.aspx

Rgds,
    M

#5 Posted: 26/7/2011 - 20:39

• Blackartemis

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2011

thanks a bunch, went ahead and did the e-visa and I got approved and e-mailed my copy in less than 24hrs.

-BA

#6 Posted: 28/7/2011 - 11:26

• Blackartemis

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2011

thanks a bunch, went ahead and did the e-visa and I got approved and e-mailed my copy in less than 24hrs.

-BA

#7 Posted: 28/7/2011 - 11:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Trip advice - Bangkok - Siem Reap - Ko Mak - Bangkok ... By JessandScott on 13 Jan 2009 13 5231 28 Jun 2010
Battambang to Bangkok or Siem Reap to Bangkok ... By tinoh on 19 Feb 2010 4 7426 17 Sep 2010