Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

kinda vauge itinerary; flying out of BKK

• silverteeth

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2011

Hello everyone!

This'll be my first time in Cambodia, second time in SE Asia. I have a little itinerary I'm hoping to get some suggestions on. It's shorter than I'd like it to be; I did something stupid and divided my month off from work between Cambodia and Indonesia. So, I have a morning flight to catch out of Bangkok on the 10th.

July 28 - 30 :Phnom Penh (I wanted to stay longer, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that some old friends are interning in PP and are planning a trip to SR that following weekend)

July 31 - 6: Siem Reap. I really, really like ruins.

July 7 - 9 Battambang

I've heard that crossing from Battambang is a little less painful than SR, and I figure it would be a nice change of pace. I'd like to see some Cambodian countryside. Or maybe it's better just to stay in Siem Reap?

Another thought I had was going back to PP and flying into Bangkok. If the flight is $70 or so, does it really cost much more than getting into BKK by land?

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 22/7/2011 - 09:23

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    I've crossed the border near SR (Poipet) and it was easy; no problems at all.
    However, travelling from SR to Bangkok takes around 10 hours regardless of what the ticket sellers say! The cost, as I remember was around the 15 $ mark. Flying is much more expensive and as well as the ticket costs, there is (at least last year) a whopping US$30 departure tax
    You'll need a night in BKK traveling overland, which you might not need if flying, so time vs money!

#2 Posted: 23/7/2011 - 10:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.