Thailand to Battambang

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi guys,
    I want to go from Thailand to Battembang.

The most direct route would be crossing at Phsar Prom, motodup to Pailin, and then (according to what I have read) it is a shared taxi to Battembang with no bus available. Also the road condition is not so great, and at this time of the year, almost at it's worse. Also, if I can't find a shared taxi and I'm forced to take one on my own, it will be mega bucks.

So, first questions: anyone done this route? Do they accept evisa? (Doesn't look like it, but things change)

Alternatively, I could make the easier crossing at Poipet and get to the 'International Passenger Terminal' (that totally unnecessary & deserted monolithic building 2 ks from the border that always seems devoid of buses & the only purpose serviced is to delay everyone going to the border for at least an hour & try to flog them expensive food & souvenirs! I mean, I've never seen a bus there except the one I'm on!!) and hope & pray for a bus to Sisophon & from there to Battembang.

So, anyone done it this route?

Last, lest favoured, but possibly the easiest, is to go directly to SR and then back track.

Anybody done the trip?? Experiences, advice & suggestions welcomed!
    Cheers.

#1 Posted: 25/7/2011 - 08:38

• Advertisement

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Last time I went from BKK to Siem Reap I met a woman on the bus who wanted to go to Battambang. So me and a couple of English girls set ourselves up with our Poipet to SR taxi and put her in. The taxi driver called one of his buddies and we met him in Sisophon. The woman jumped into the other taxi and headed to battambang for USD5 and we continued to SR.

Dunno if she ever made it though...

'sheeed

#2 Posted: 25/7/2011 - 08:47

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Mike
    Can't really help a lot on this one but as I've said in other posts they are now advertising buses in Phnom Penh which go all the way to Pailin and I have been told the road from BB to Pailin has been paved.Unfortunately as I haven't done it lately I can't verify it. Perhaps you'll be the first brave soul to try it out. If you do I would be interested in the results.

#3 Posted: 25/7/2011 - 13:57

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Just had a thought the man who would know about this would be 'Fox Mulder' on Khmer440 if you post on there.He knows everything about that area and is the owner of Bus Stop bar in BB.

#4 Posted: 25/7/2011 - 13:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.