Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

12 weeks in Siem Reap

Posted by Maust on 10/8/2011 at 10:43

Hi, I'm planning on staying in Siem Reap for 12 weeks next year possibly traveling on my own. Any suggestions on where to stay for that length of time?

#1 Maust has been a member since 10/8/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by eastwest on 10/8/2011 at 15:18

I'd say just try to get a long term deal at a guesthouse. Best to start there for a couple of weeks anyway.
Apartments are a bit harder to find in advance but you might get lucky once there.

Pricewise they can probably work out the same. Some guesthouses cater for long term volunteers and rooms can be had for $5 per day or so. Decent apartments don't come under $100 and for a $100 you'll need some time to find one. In the $200-300 range you should be able to find something quick.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by Maust on 11/8/2011 at 07:17

Thanks for your reply. I'll do some more research. Do you know any names of Guesthouses that do the long term accommodation.

#3 Maust has been a member since 10/8/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by eastwest on 11/8/2011 at 09:38

I'm not really a backpacker so don't have first hand knowledge.

Bou Savy and Rosy guesthouse seem to get good reviews but their popularity will probably make it harder to strike a good deal and there are plenty of others. Also check this site for some options. Deals depend heavily on what season you go but with the huge competition going on over there you should be able to make a deal somewhere.

#4 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by mikethediver on 16/8/2011 at 18:13

Hi,
we are staying a a place called Home Sweet Home. It has very large rooms with access to a large balcony, free wi fi (and free use of a computer if you don't have your own).

For a long stay, a large room has to be a bonus as is a large outdoor area where you can have a few evening drinks!

Currently we are paying $6 a night which is the normal walk in rate. I'm sure you could better that for a longer stay. It's about 15 minute walk from Pub street.
Mike

#5 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by Maust on 17/8/2011 at 06:14

Thanks Mike. Will follow that up.

#6 Maust has been a member since 10/8/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.