Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

12 weeks in Siem Reap

• Maust

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

Hi, I'm planning on staying in Siem Reap for 12 weeks next year possibly traveling on my own. Any suggestions on where to stay for that length of time?

#1 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 10:43

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I'd say just try to get a long term deal at a guesthouse. Best to start there for a couple of weeks anyway.
    Apartments are a bit harder to find in advance but you might get lucky once there.

Pricewise they can probably work out the same. Some guesthouses cater for long term volunteers and rooms can be had for $5 per day or so. Decent apartments don't come under $100 and for a $100 you'll need some time to find one. In the $200-300 range you should be able to find something quick.

#2 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 15:18

• Maust

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

Thanks for your reply. I'll do some more research. Do you know any names of Guesthouses that do the long term accommodation.

#3 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 07:17

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I'm not really a backpacker so don't have first hand knowledge.

Bou Savy and Rosy guesthouse seem to get good reviews but their popularity will probably make it harder to strike a good deal and there are plenty of others. Also check this site for some options. Deals depend heavily on what season you go but with the huge competition going on over there you should be able to make a deal somewhere.

#4 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 09:38

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    we are staying a a place called Home Sweet Home. It has very large rooms with access to a large balcony, free wi fi (and free use of a computer if you don't have your own).

For a long stay, a large room has to be a bonus as is a large outdoor area where you can have a few evening drinks!

Currently we are paying $6 a night which is the normal walk in rate. I'm sure you could better that for a longer stay. It's about 15 minute walk from Pub street.
    Mike

#5 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 18:13

• Maust

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

Thanks Mike. Will follow that up.

#6 Posted: 17/8/2011 - 06:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
From Kuala Lumpur to Siem Reap - 3 weeks ... By laber on 14 Nov 2012 0 1410 14 Nov 2012
Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville-Siem Reap in 2 weeks: need advices ... By vuh on 2 May 2007 3 2948 3 May 2007
Hanoi - Siem Reap (Vice versa) / Mid June 2 weeks ... By koleon on 17 May 2012 1 789 3 Jun 2012