Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Pools in Siem Reap

• abh1128

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2007

This may seem off the wall, but I am planning my trip to Angkor Wat for mid-March & I know it will be very hot. I am also on a very tight budget, so...I was wondering, for a fee, will some of the hotels with pools let you swim and hang out for a bit? I know there are spas, but the guides indicate you have to be a guest.

#1 Posted: 2/2/2007 - 09:01

• Advertisement

• princessdis-
    aster

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2006

I was in Siam Reap a couple of years ago and we used one of the hotels pools for a $1 a day. We just asked at our guest house which hotels let you do this.

#2 Posted: 2/2/2007 - 09:49

• TheSnowQueen

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2006

Just recently stayed at The Green Garden Hotel. It's a family=run place with a fab pool and central location. You could always try asking them as I'm sure they'd be amenable.

#3 Posted: 3/2/2007 - 22:33

• heidi27

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2007

We have just got back from Cambodia and there is a pool open to the public.
    Its called AQUA its on Pram Bee Makara Road -1km from towncentre.Not very well signposted.Ran by a pom called John,great guy.
    Hopefully he has it running at its full potential by now.If you cant swim still a great place to hangout and have a few drinks

#4 Posted: 4/2/2007 - 13:50

• waynedundas

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2007

travelling to siem reap in april, i would like to travel by speed boat down to nomh penh, has anyone been this way recently? also any advice on both cities would be appreciated.

#5 Posted: 5/2/2007 - 02:38

• Roving_Roo

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2006

Most hotels in Siem Reap that have swimming pools will let you use the pool for the day for a fee; for an upmarket hotel you are talking from $3 for say the Borei Angkor, $5 for Prince D' Angkor (great big salt water pool) or more than the cost of your budget room for places like The Grand Hotel or Victoria Hotel etc, but if you walk in with an air about you then I doubt many staff would confront you! For all of these places you would be paying through the nose for all and any drinks and food. Aqua, as mentioned above is open to the public for $2 per day (fee only if you use the pool) but it also has a bar and restaurant with reasonably priced drinks/asian food; Past Martinis nightclub on the road towards the high school maybe 2kms away; $1.50 in a tuk tuk from the old market.

#6 Posted: 12/2/2007 - 19:15

• Introverse

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2007

AQUA has something on Sunday's involving a charity, so if you want to go swimming then check it out. I'm not sure of the exact details, if anyone is then please post them so people can see and spend I think US$5 or so for either entry or drinks or both. It could be in conjunction with the Green Gecko project so check there - details can be found at the Singing Tree Cafe on the opposite side of the river to the main town - near Wat Bo Rd.

It's the pool everyone's been mentioning, though in regards to Roving_Roo's post, it's a fair bit past the school, but it really really is poorly sign posted. I didn't find it til I turned back on my motorbike to go back into town and saw the sign which I'd ridden past a few minutes early - and I still wasn't sure if it was it. Basically it appears to point towards a large shed and is just a painted A-frame a little bit off the side of the road. There is a map in the CD/DVD store in the Alley next to Bar St, but it seems to bear no relation to anything. It actually had the pool placed about two or three doors down from my house, wherease in reality it's about three or four blocks away and no where near the same street. Khmer style...

#7 Posted: 12/2/2007 - 20:09

• lucyhudson

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2006

We stayed at the Bophor Angkor which is a wonderful hotel, amazing room, amazing scenery, great food and a fab pool - much needed after the temples! Bit expensive if you're used to backpacking but cheap if you're not! We paid $45..

#8 Posted: 6/3/2007 - 00:03

• sugarplum

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

We stayed at the Ancient Angkor hotel which has it's own pool and for between USD 8 and 10 a night you get a decent size room with satellite TV and some rooms even have a fridge so you can stick your head in it if it gets really hot.

#9 Posted: 7/3/2007 - 07:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Siem Reap--Cheap Swimming Pools ... By hsoa on 12 Jun 2010 6 5599 20 Jan 2012