Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Sihanoukville to Siem Reap

Posted by sebbytan on 20/9/2011 at 11:52

Hi
Anyone can advise the night bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap , I need to know the departure time and where can I get the tickets. Do I need an advance booking ?

#1 sebbytan has been a member since 19/9/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by mikethediver on 21/9/2011 at 04:22

I think it leaves about 8.00pm and typically you'll be picked up from your guest house. Every one in SIhanoukville sells tickets from the local supermarket to your guest house.It is always best to book in advance rather than leave it to the last minute, but if you are travellling over Xmas booking several days in advance is probably a good idea.

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by KevandJho on 21/9/2011 at 08:07

Sounds like an intresting options instead of an overnight at PP.

Just wondering how many hours does it typically take?

#3 KevandJho has been a member since 15/9/2011. Posts: 65

Posted by mikethediver on 22/9/2011 at 03:55

Hi,
As I recall, about 10/12 hours, but it beats a night in PP.
Mike

#4 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by KevandJho on 22/9/2011 at 07:17

Thanks Mike.....

I'm really not to big on the big cities (anywhere in the world) as well.

We usually do an organized city tour, walk around a bit,shop and then its so long big city.

Most likely we will do that bus trip when departing Sihanoukville.

Much appreciated.

#5 KevandJho has been a member since 15/9/2011. Posts: 65

Posted by KhowNeow11 on 1/10/2011 at 12:10

does anybody know how much the overnight costs? Is the price any different from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap than it is coming the other way?

#6 KhowNeow11 has been a member since 10/9/2011. Posts: 19
 Where has KhowNeow11 been? 

Posted by chocgirl on 2/10/2011 at 01:18

There's different buses between Sihanouville and Siem Reap: mine was a 'regular' bus with seats, 3 across (so nice wide seats), but there's also a sleeper bus with beds. Ask which bus they will book you on.

Just fyi - the bus station in Sihanoukville has moved, it is no longer in town like some books still say.

My trip was ok, we got there in about 10 hours - even after switching to another bus by the side of the highway at 1 AM with no explanation why. I got a ticket all the way to Siem Reap, switching buses at Sihanoukville, from Kampot and think I paid about US$ 15.

#7 chocgirl has been a member since 9/3/2010. Posts: 21

Posted by chocgirl on 2/10/2011 at 01:19

And both buses leave S'ville at 8PM.

#8 chocgirl has been a member since 9/3/2010. Posts: 21

Posted by KevandJho on 14/10/2011 at 09:58

Chocgirl.....

Thanks for chiming in about your experiences withthis bus ride.

I asked about such a bus trip on another forum and people were pretty much unaminous advising me STRONGLY not to make that bustrip.

I'm the adventurous type unfortunatley, so whenpeople tell me not to do it...I'm most likely going to do it...LoL!

Or....

Hopefully some of the proposed airline flights willbe up and running this coming Janruary.

Thanks!

#9 KevandJho has been a member since 15/9/2011. Posts: 65

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.