Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Ritchie's Bar Otress Beach Sihanoukville

• Damian123

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

Late Aug 2011 I stayed on Otress Beach, near Sihanoukville. The hut bar on the sand beside my place was called Ritchie's Bar, and had a roadside neon sign set in a box. The "R" had failed, thus the dag joint with its stoned expat proprietor, now reads "Itchie's". This cracked us up for weeks, but such was our measure of being zoned out in tropical bliss, no-one took a photo of the funny sign.

If you are going to Otress in the near future, like this Sept-Oct 2011, could you take a night-time photo of the "Itchie's" sign. and post it to me via email?

#1 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 08:33

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I might be able to assist if nobody does it. Going somewhere next month to Sihanoukville but normally I don't go to Otres. PM me your email details and let me know if someone else has done it. Not sure exactly when I go.

#2 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 13:32

• Damian123

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

I'll PM you my email, but I'm wondering how . . . as in I gather this reply box is not "Private", and if not, I don't want to put my email address on here. You might want to try Otress, but only if you want utterly laid back primitive conditions with little nightlife nor action. Swimming great when you expect to be there. (Jellyfish in April.) Fresh langoustines (scampi) every morning, $4 dollar pedicures, and char-grilled squid, all delivered by beach ladies. Two half decent bar restaurants. How do I PM eastwest?

#3 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 14:26

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I'm well aware of the beauty of Otres. I live in Cambodia and only need to do a few things related to my business but thanks anyway.

Is there no option just below my name? That might explain why all the pretty ladies haven't send me a message ;-). I will see if I have to correct my settings

#4 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 14:43

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I think I solved the mystery. You should be able to PM me now.

#5 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 14:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.