Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia itinerary..

• potta_boro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hello, ive just got to the Philippines and plan to stay here 2 weeks then move on to Cambodia.

I started my trip early august and have been to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. I wasn't planning on going to Cambodia so have no idea what so ever on an itinerary, obviously I want to see Angkor wat but other that that I need help? I will only have roughly 2 weeks so not long at all and still on a budget, all help welcome. Cheers

#1 Posted: 4/10/2011 - 17:36

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Hi potta,

It's a bit difficult to give recommendations when we don't know your interests.

What did you like best on your trip so far and are you looking for more of it? If you answer that question people can help a lot better

#2 Posted: 4/10/2011 - 18:34

• potta_boro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Yeah sorry about that, well basically I don't think I have the time or money to 'get off the beaten track' so I would like to see the main touristy sights and attractions if that's the right way of putting it..

I've enjoyed doing different activities elephant trek etc tasting food, and basically seeing the country and things I'm not used too

#3 Posted: 4/10/2011 - 19:44

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Ok. Perhaps check out the 2-week sample itinerary on this site. I find it a bit much for two weeks but that will give you a good idea.

Assuming that you fly in the question is where and how you leave? If you fly out (of PP) it's pretty simple:
    -1 week north with a few days in both Siem Reap and Battambang
    -1 week south with a few days in both Kampot/Kep and Sihanoukville
    You'll visit Phnom Penh several times so divide your time in PP over those multiple visits

If you leave overland north to Laos you could consider leaving out the southern week (or keep it brief) and then go via Kampong Cham, Kratie and Stung Treng towards Laos.

If you leave for Thailand the order depends on where in Thailand you want to enter. If you want to enter Thailand via Ko Chang and coastline you should visit northern Cambodia first and leave Cambodia through Sihanoukville and Koh Kong. Do northern Cambodia last if you want to visit Northeastern Thailand and leave Cambodia from either Battambang or Siem Reap.

Happy travels

#4 Posted: 4/10/2011 - 20:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.