Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Flight from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City

Posted by lucyhudson on 12/2/2007 at 19:41

Anyone know which airlines fly from Siem Reap to HCMC?
Vietnam Airlines perhaps? (Though their site is under construction)
Can I book a flight when in Siem Reap at an agency or is it better to book in advance? Can someone tell me a website where you can book flights online?
Off to Vietnam on Friday...yippeeeee!!

Thanks for your help...

#1 lucyhudson has been a member since 25/11/2006. Posts: 38

Posted by Introverse on 12/2/2007 at 20:34

I'm not sure of how it works with HCMC, but my gf had a hideous time trying to get a flight from SR to Hanoi. The important lesson is make sure your Vietnamese visa is 100% correct - they're a little more beaurecratic than the Cambodians.

Try AirAsia, but I think they go through KL, or Phnom Penh Airlines, or even Bangkok Airlines if you don't mind going through BKK and paying through the nose.

Another option is to go to the travel agent next to the Red Piano. They're fantastic and will be able to help you with virtually anything for pretty much the actual price, rather than tacking heaps on. Tell them you're a friend of the Australian guy on the motorbike who used to park on the sidewalk everyday at about 5pm and use the internet for two hours to talk to his gf...if it's the girl who's usually sitting on the bench out the front she'll know who you mean...God I miss Cambodia...

#2 Introverse has been a member since 12/2/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by lucyhudson on 12/2/2007 at 21:32

Thanks Introverse! I've got a multi-entry vietnamese visa so hopefully I'll be ok on that front if nothing else!!!
I think I'll take you up on your offer of going to the agency next to the Red Piano - it's all about contacts :-)
Thanks loads...

#3 lucyhudson has been a member since 25/11/2006. Posts: 38

Posted by Introverse on 12/2/2007 at 21:46

No worries. If you could email my gf though at curset@hotmail.com (Kirsty) and tell her how you got a multi-entry visa though that would easily reutrn the favour. She's thinking off setting herself up in the long run over there, and I'm itching to put myself back in Cambodia, so that might be a nice way to see each other in ways Bill Gates never thought off...

Cheers, Introverse (Adam)

PS. Don't mention me, she can be fiercely independent and might try to brain me when she sees me next. You can cut and paste that though just to spin her out...ah relationships.

#4 Introverse has been a member since 12/2/2007. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.