Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Business visas at Poiphet border

• stanleykniv-
    es

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about obtaining business visas as the Poiphet border entering from Thailand. I've read that you just tick a box saying you want it basically, but what with various people mentioning "issues/scams" doing this journey (bangkok - siem reap) I wanted to have my bases covered. Is it straightforward to get this form of visa here or will I have trouble?

Many thanks

#1 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 14:30

• Advertisement

• KirstyB

Click here to learn more about KirstyB
    Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 197

The guys at immigration will definitely try it on if you're applying for a business visa. You are correct all you need to do it tick the box and hand over the correct money ($25 from memory). However they will probably try to tell you that you need a whole load of paperwork confirming your employment etc etc, but as you haven't got that, no worries, they'll be able to process it for you for an additional $20-odd! You'll just need to stand firm and be quietly adamant that you know the requirements. More than once at border crossings I've very calmly said "really? that's not right ...... only this morning I phoned the immigration office in abc (Phnom Penh, Vientiane etc) and they told me all I needed was xy&z ....". By adding the "this morning" or "yesterday afternoon" it's not so easy for them to try and tell you the rules have recently changed! If you're calm, polite and stand your ground you should be OK.

#2 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 17:32

• stanleykniv-
    es

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

ok cheers!

#3 Posted: 15/10/2011 - 10:16

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

I found that when you apply for the business visa they give you less trouble than when you apply for a tourist visa. Like you know enough that they won't waste their time trying to squeeze you for more. Meanwhile, those applying for tourist visas may get asked to pay more for their visas than you paid for yours.

'sheeed

#4 Posted: 18/10/2011 - 03:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.