Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bokor hill station road complete!

• think87

Click here to learn more about think87
    Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

Just got back from a tour of Bokor hill yesterday and I can say for sure the road is complete. Our van went from the bottom to the top on a new concrete road and no walking or trekking at all. Also a couple from the guesthouse met me up there and they went on there own on rented motos and also had no problem bottom to top. The only sirt we encountered was going to the waterfall but that is in process of being paved as well.

There is construction everywhere going up the hill with a large set of resorts about 3/4 up and supermarkets near the waterfall. Also the old bokor hotel building is covered in scaffolding and in the process of being turned into a museum. no entry is allowed.

all that said I had a great time. Clear skies and the views from the buildings were so of the most amazing i have ever seen. Check the weather before you go! a couple who went the day before hated it as cloud cover came all the way to the buildings the whole two hours there and saw half the buildings and no views.

Id say get there now because theres no less than 20 large construction projects going on but for now the sites themselves are OK. From the looks of it 5 years from now bokor will indeed ironically be once again a playground for the rich.

blog post with all the pictures here: http://www.backpacking-on-minimum-wage.com/1/post/2011/11/kampot-days-1-2.html?

hope this update helps

#1 Posted: 13/11/2011 - 00:22

• Advertisement

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Thank you for the info! When I was last there, rangers were blocking the road unless you paid $20 for a "private tour". Would love to go back again, my roommie just got back and said it was glorious. Nice blog too :)

#2 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 00:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bokor Hill Station ... By Millydane on 2 Mar 2008 14 7874 1 Dec 2009
BOKOR HILL STATION ... By Atreyung on 20 Feb 2012 4 2272 18 Mar 2012
Bokor Hill ... By niallgamble on 28 Aug 2012 6 1927 3 Sep 2012