Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Working Vacation Ideas

• lsunyc

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

Greetings all:
    I have about three weeks to spend in Southeast Asia. Unfortunately, I'll have to work for the most part of those three weeks. Can you recommend places (such as Siem Reap, etc,) where I can hang my hat for a few days and work, walk about the city and take in the sights, then move on to the next place and work? I like small cities--preferably in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. But I kind of like the idea of hanging out in Chang Mai for a few days as well. I'd prefer towns/cities in which I can walk around and take in everything. I'm a journalist, so I'll be doing quite a bit of writing on this journey. I'm looking for casual and easy for a 50-year-old single traveler like myself. Thank you kindly for any and all responses.

Suzi

#1 Posted: 17/11/2011 - 15:33

• Advertisement

• lsunyc

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

I should edit my post to add: What's the best place to "base" myself out of in order to achieve this journey.

#2 Posted: 17/11/2011 - 15:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vacation ideas august 2010 ... By rgoldstein on 2 Feb 2010 1 1633 2 Feb 2010