Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Working Vacation Ideas

Posted by lsunyc on 17/11/2011 at 15:33

Greetings all:
I have about three weeks to spend in Southeast Asia. Unfortunately, I'll have to work for the most part of those three weeks. Can you recommend places (such as Siem Reap, etc,) where I can hang my hat for a few days and work, walk about the city and take in the sights, then move on to the next place and work? I like small cities--preferably in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. But I kind of like the idea of hanging out in Chang Mai for a few days as well. I'd prefer towns/cities in which I can walk around and take in everything. I'm a journalist, so I'll be doing quite a bit of writing on this journey. I'm looking for casual and easy for a 50-year-old single traveler like myself. Thank you kindly for any and all responses.

Suzi

#1 lsunyc has been a member since 17/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by lsunyc on 17/11/2011 at 15:44

I should edit my post to add: What's the best place to "base" myself out of in order to achieve this journey.

#2 lsunyc has been a member since 17/11/2011. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.