Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Koh Rong without Rabies shots?

Posted by Knowlan on 20/11/2011 at 16:17

Hi,

I'm new here and did a search but found nothing.

I am heading to Cambodia for two weeks in mid December and planned to do a day trip from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong, but the more I look into it the more a night or two appeals.

The one thing stopping me from going is the remoteness of the island in case I happen to get bitten by an animal.

Does anyone know how common animals infected with rabies are and how often you can get back to the mainland? I haven't had the preventative shots and don't have the time now.

Thanks

#1 Knowlan has been a member since 20/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 20/11/2011 at 16:24

Unless you know of a specific outbreak of rabies on Koh Rong, I don't think you need to be worried. There is probably more risk on mainland Cambodia, and I wouldn't be worried about that either.

General rule of practice should be to keep away from dogs, bats and monkeys anyhow.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.