Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Koh Rong without Rabies shots?

• Knowlan

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2011

Hi,

I'm new here and did a search but found nothing.

I am heading to Cambodia for two weeks in mid December and planned to do a day trip from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong, but the more I look into it the more a night or two appeals.

The one thing stopping me from going is the remoteness of the island in case I happen to get bitten by an animal.

Does anyone know how common animals infected with rabies are and how often you can get back to the mainland? I haven't had the preventative shots and don't have the time now.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 20/11/2011 - 16:17

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Unless you know of a specific outbreak of rabies on Koh Rong, I don't think you need to be worried. There is probably more risk on mainland Cambodia, and I wouldn't be worried about that either.

General rule of practice should be to keep away from dogs, bats and monkeys anyhow.

#2 Posted: 20/11/2011 - 16:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Itinerary help with medical needs (rabies shots) ... By aireick on 22 Jan 2013 3 4926 4 May 2014