Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia trip with tour company? Advice? end march 2012

• Jen30

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

I'm hoping to go to Cambodia around the end of march 2012 for about 2weeks on my own. 30 yr female. Because it's my first time traveling alone, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good tour group so that I can travel with a group, eg intrepid etc. Thanks

#1 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 13:47

• Advertisement

• KirstyB

Click here to learn more about KirstyB
    Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 197

Plenty of folks will tell you how easy it is to travel independently in Cambodia - and it is, and you'll meet lots of travellers particularly if you start in Siem Reap which is very sociable. However with limited time they may not all be on the same schedule as you and a tour allows you to see a lot in a short period of time. Anyway, there's much debate on this and other forums of the pro's and con's.

I've never been on a guided tour so can't make a personal recommendation but I know several people who highly rate Intrepid (including my sister who's travelled with them a few times) and I've also heard good things about G-Adventures (formerly Gap). Take a look at what they offer and try to pick a tour that stays in some of the smaller towns as well as the "main 3" (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville) to try and experience more rural settings.

#2 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 21:52

• Sarunn

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2011

alternatively you can do the adventure planning yourself and follow some of these handy trails -- Mekong Discovery Trails

As the rainy season is over there is likely to be tourists on the trails too... It is independent tailored travel for the adventure/ cultural traveler..
    But I am not sure about packaged tours - i've met many people who have done it and they seem very expensive sometimes. depends on what kind of travel experience you are looking for, but as a first time independent traveler it could be a good idea to test your spirit alone.. :)

#3 Posted: 1/12/2011 - 21:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia in March 2012 ... By khmerog on 28 Dec 2011 9 2903 19 Feb 2012
26 Female - Nov 2012 - March 2013 Thailand, Laos,Cambodia,Vietnam, ... By LondonHoney8286 on 14 Feb 2012 25 5503 1 Nov 2012
22 female heading to Burma - late March. Anyone need company? ... By katyesmith on 11 Jan 2011 5 2025 21 Jan 2011
Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnel Tour - anyone want to split tour cost for half day on March 22? ... By cisdeluca on 20 Mar 2011 5 3680 22 Mar 2011
Tour company ... By fivesilver on 3 Feb 2009 0 1326 3 Feb 2009