Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

beware of dishonest guesthouse,sihanoukville

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

We are currently staying in Sihanoukville but unfortunately had to move last night because the place we stayed was disgraceful.
    It was bad enough that they couldn't clean the room whilst we were out but they did manage to let themselves in to help themselves to some of our property including my camera.When I asked what was going on all I received in reply was loud abuse by an arrogant woman who claimed to be the boss.
    The name of the place is ROMNEY guesthouse just down from the Golden Lion Plaza (that's the plaza of bars just down from the Golden Lions Roundabout.)
    so beware of this place I have been told by a local I have known for years that there have been many such incidents.

#1 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 23:41

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Thanks for the tip.

#2 Posted: 30/11/2011 - 07:58

• jmax

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2010

levn in afew wks....thnx

#3 Posted: 23/12/2011 - 02:08

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

On a postive note we are currently staying in Sunday Guesthouse for Xmas near the 'Golden Lions.' The hotel is friendly, has security,hires motorbikes for $4 a day and has a very helpful reception.I think the company have a twin hotel in Seam Reap.Very honest and good value at $8 for a fan room.

#4 Posted: 24/12/2011 - 00:39

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

#5 Posted: 24/12/2011 - 01:07

• aroundAsia

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2012

You can try Apple Guesthouse. About 5-10 dollars a night. I spent few days there and it is very nice. It is near Occheuteal Beach, the most lively Beach of Sihanoukville, the rooms are clean and well-decorated, and the staff is very friendly.

#6 Posted: 11/7/2012 - 03:10

• phuphum

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2011

To leave valuable belongings unattended in your room is a rookie's error.

#7 Posted: 12/7/2012 - 05:03

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Absolutely, you can always take them to the beach and have them stolen there.Best laugh I had was one guy playing frisbee and he left his flip-flops unattended, for some reason he was amazed they weren't there when he returned. Being in Bangkok now is a relevation.Thai people are so much more honest.You can actually leave your t-shirt unattended and it stays put.

#8 Posted: 12/7/2012 - 06:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.