Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

phnom penh,kep,sihanouville,koh rong

• fandonie

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

hello,
    i'm trying to plan my cambodia trip and i wonder if this works-
    i start in pnomh penh,stay there for 1 or2 nights,want to go to kep,which i just "found"and it sounds beautiful, instead of directly going to sihanoukville.
    to sihanoukville i just need to go to take a boat to koh róng.otherwise it doesnt sound too interesting for me...
    does anyone knows if there is a chance to get a boat from kep to koh rong?and do u have any recommendations for hotels or lodges in one of the three places?it can be a mixture of backpacking style and a bit more,cause its my honeymoon***
    thanks for any replies

#1 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 16:36

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

There is no boat from Kep to Koh Rong . You will have to go to Sihanoukville first to catch a boat to Koh Rong.

If I were you I'd book a more fancy hotel for Kep. Koh Rong doesn't have anything fancy so that's easy and PP depends on your budget and requirements and plenty of choice in all categories but you have to be more specific for me to make a recommendation.

In Kep I'd recommend the Veranda or Flamboyant, if you can fork out $80-100 for a night, for a romantic getaway. For cheaper budget ($30-50) there is plenty of choice (Le Bout du Monde, Beach house, Vanna, Malibu, Raingsey and many more with swimming pool). For eating there's the Crab market, Pasta & Basta for italian and Breezes for a romantic dinner.
    Cheaper accommodation is available in Kep but Kep is enjoyed better if you spend a bit more money.

On the plus side is that Koh Rong and PP can be very cheap to balance things out.

#2 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 22:38

• fandonie

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

Thank you!Yes it's exacetely what i thought-i will check the hotels in Kep,do you know a beautiful place in Phnom Penh,with Swimmingpool max §80?
    and have you ever been to the treehouse bungalows at koh rong?

#3 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 06:25

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Haven't spent a night on Koh Rong but some others here on this forum have. Use the search function for Koh Rong and you will see some posts on this forum.

In PP for $80 you can consider many places. I don't know the exact prices so could be off a little. Consider The Pavillion which is basically for couples only (families get redirected to Kabiki), Hotel 252 gets rave reviews but I haven't stayed there yet. Villa Langka is beautiful as well after their renovations. Boddhi Tree Aram also gets great reviews (also on this site) but I don't like their location so much.
    Those are the more personal ones and I would try one of those first. They are all great and with great locations. Then there's plenty of big hotels

Good luck and enjoy the honeymoon

#4 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 06:40

• fandonie

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

you're quick*
    thank's again-i will have a look and let you know.
    have a great time!

#5 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 06:44

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Funny, I didn't realize you just posted. Just logged on after a few hours.

#6 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 06:47

• fandonie

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

#7 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 06:53

• Pelicoo

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2011

I stayed at Treehouse with my partner... it was def romantic and my favourite out of all the bungalows on that side of Koh Rong. They have their own private beach and I'd really recommend renting a kayak whilst your there... great fun!

#8 Posted: 17/12/2011 - 02:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1080 2 Mar 2014