Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Are or Are Not Flights Going from Siem Reap to Sihoukanville Now?

Posted by sharoonie on 15/12/2011 at 21:27

Hi,

Keep reading here and there on Travelfish that flights between SR and Sihoukanville are due to start this month, but can't find any details online. Is the route operational yet? Which airline? Cost? I hope to be able to fly on December 23rd.

Thanks!

#1 sharoonie has been a member since 27/10/2011. Posts: 14

Posted by Lostbeachbum on 15/12/2011 at 21:31

Im currently in Siem Reap and met a guy 2 days ago who was flying to Sville today so I ammune the answer is yes. He already had bought his ticket but sorry can't remember the company. Seems kind of a waste to me, it's a beautiful ride to the coast...

#2 Lostbeachbum has been a member since 9/9/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 40

Posted by sharoonie on 15/12/2011 at 22:18

Thanks! I have limited time so have to fly one way, come back by road and see the countryside the other. I'm hoping to go straight to Kep from SR on the same day to be there for Christmas, so thought I'd fly SR - Sihoukanville then minibus to Kep. Doable on the same day?

What would be the best route, bus line and travel time to go from Kep to PP, do you know?

Thanks again. Hope you're having a wonderful trip!

S.

#3 sharoonie has been a member since 27/10/2011. Posts: 14

Posted by eastwest on 15/12/2011 at 22:46

Try to get that flight ticket as soon as possible because I hear it's very popular already and would think that 23rd of dec is probably popular as well. Airline is Cambodia Angkor Airlines (or Angkor Cambodia Airlines). It is basically just a front for Vietnam Airlines so don't be confused if they pick up the phone with "Vietnam Airlines"
The minibus from SHV to Kep might be difficult, even to find, but you could consider getting a taxi to Kep. Should be roughly $40 for private taxi.

From Kep to PP you shouldn't have any trouble. Ask any guesthouse or hotel where you stay and they will book you on a bus. Most hotels sell tickets for Sorya but the other companies are ok as well.

#4 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by Pelicoo on 17/12/2011 at 02:03

You can get a bus from SHV to Kep for $5/$6...
Hope that helps!

#5 Pelicoo has been a member since 17/12/2011. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.