Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Kampot/Kep

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Hi all,

Is there any direct transport from SR to Kampot/Kep at this point?

I read a couple of older post stating that there wasn't any then, had to go over Phnom Phen. Is this still the case?

All info is greatly appreciated!

//

#1 Posted: 24/12/2011 - 01:44

• Advertisement

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

I am fairly certain you still have to go via PP. But if you do, its pretty much ont he way anyways. Its not something that adds hours onto the journey.

Fairly certain, hopefully someone else can give you more of a deffinate answer.

#2 Posted: 24/12/2011 - 09:23

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

100% sure.

Apart from renting private taxi there is no other way. Best to book Sorya company and take 1 of the first 2 buses out of town (7 am). Sorya has connecting bus to Kep/Kampot in PP.

(I'm pretty sure this has been posted recently by me in another thread)

#3 Posted: 24/12/2011 - 21:06

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009

Ok, Thanks a lot.

#4 Posted: 24/12/2011 - 21:13

• chocgirl

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2010

I went in opposite direction, Kampot to Siem Reap - last leg of the Vietnam - Sihanoukville bus, then change onto night bus for SR at Sihanoukville. It was not my most enjoyable journey, but convenient enough as I only left Kampot late afternoon and arrived SR next morning.

#5 Posted: 12/1/2012 - 05:19

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009

Hi again,

I ended up flying Siem Reap -> S-VIlle with Cambodian Angkor Air (roughly 1hr. and 100$). Spent one night in S-Ville and bussed it from there to Kep the following morning (8$, about 2h. on a 24 seater, almost hassle free...). Far from the cheapest option i suppose, but pretty smooth.

#6 Posted: 12/1/2012 - 22:41

• demirdanny

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2012

@Sampan

hi - where did you book the Camb Angkor Air flight?

#7 Posted: 18/1/2012 - 09:42

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009

Booked at the Angkor air office in Siem Reap but it seemed to be bookable trough most tour operators around town, got a slightly better price at the office at the time..

Happy trails..

#8 Posted: 18/1/2012 - 22:40

• jringsak

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2011

All of the above info is spot-on. Going from Siem Reap to Kampot , you must go through Phnom Penh . There is not any other route/good road. It can be done in one long day, although check the bus times to make sure that you have time to make the Phnom Penh to Kampot bus after coming from Siem Reap. It's more leisurely to do it with a night stopover in Phnom Penh.

You can also take a share taxi from Phnom Penh to Kampot up until early evening (3 or 4pm, later is risky). The price is $5 for 1 seat (in a Camry-type car with 4 people in front and 4 in back), or $10 for 2 "seats" if you don't feel like being squished, and some times you can haggle that down to about $7. Share taxis to Kampot leave from Damko Market in Phnom Penh. It is near Olympic Stadium, and you can't miss the taxis- chances are a driver will start trying to get you in his car as soon as you get to Damko. Share taxis are faster than the bus. In current conditions, it's about 2 or 2 and 1/2 hours from Phnom Penh to Kampot.

#9 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 22:36

• Juha_H

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2013

Hi there,

We are now at Siem Reap and I'm trying to find bus route from Siem Reap to Kampot . Does anyone know is it possible to travel in one day from Siem Reap to Kampot? We have bus tickets from Siem Reap to Kampot tomorrow morning at 7.30 and bus ride takes about 8 hours. Giant ibis Transport, Capitol Open Tours, Phnom Penh Sorya Transport busses are all leaving from Phnom Pehn latest 14.45 so we can't make it. Is there any change how to get from PP to Kampot on afternoon, around 16.00 or after?

Thanks.

#10 Posted: 27/12/2013 - 09:23

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Direct from Kep/Kampot to Siem Reap? ... By 45baht on 28 Jul 2010 4 7982 16 Sep 2010