Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Vietnam to Phnom Penh (train)

Posted by jetson on 3/1/2012 at 02:46

Any suggestions on the best way to do this? We will be in Thailand for 3 weeks We will probably be traveling out of Bangkok to explore Cambodia. I have never been so I would love some help. Thanks so much

#1 jetson has been a member since 3/1/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by ek89 on 3/1/2012 at 08:10

So do you mean Thailand to Phnom Penh by train? Or from Vietnam to Phnom Penh? Either way, I'd recommend heading over to http://www.seat61.com/Cambodia.htm

Great website which sets out your options.

In August I did HCMH to Phnom Penh to Siam Reap to Bangkok. The easiest way around that area (in my opinion) is by bus. Very cheap and easy to arrange when you're there. Trains are great for Thailand and parts of Vietnam but won't be much help to get to Cambodia. You can get a train from Bangkok to Siam Reap/Phnom Penh but it is easier, cheaper (with more frequent departures) to go by bus.

Hope that helps a little.

#2 ek89 has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by jetson on 3/1/2012 at 18:57

yes, I meant Thailand-Cambodia!!! thanks for the info, I am checking seat61 now.

#3 jetson has been a member since 3/1/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by chocgirl on 12/1/2012 at 05:14

Cambodia does not have any train service, my suggestion would be to fly BKK - Phnom Penh (AirAsia) and make your way back to Thailand by bus.

Seat61 is indeed awesome for travel information!

#4 chocgirl has been a member since 9/3/2010. Posts: 21

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.