Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Where to buy Lariam in Phnom Penh?

• ArcticCat

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

I've ran out of anti-malarials I've brought from back home and have been looking around different pharmacies in Phnom Penh, however none of them have the ones I've been prescribed (Lariam). If anyone has come across any, I'd really appreciate it if you would let me know.

#1 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 04:20

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Any pharmacy I would imagine but if you have problems try the two big ones.The 24 hour pharmacy next to Calmette hospital or the Barang pharmacy on Monivong on the corner opposite the Railway station.

#2 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 04:41

• ArcticCat

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

Thanks for your reply, I checked out both of those pharmacies yesterday with no luck. I've another day to look around, hopefully I can find it somewhere.

#3 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 20:15

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Really? The reason maybe is on this page,
    http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2012/chapter-3-infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever-and-malaria-information-by-country/cambodia.htm#5441

[url=http://]the drug is not a recommended anti-malarial in Cambodia[/url]
    BTW can't seem to switch off the hyperlink facility, apologies

#4 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 22:26

• ArcticCat

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

That would explain it, from the map on that site it looks like I've already spent 3 weeks in the lariam resistant part of the country.

One of the U-care pharmacies I visited today said that they usually have it in stock but are out at the moment.

#5 Posted: 15/1/2012 - 00:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 977 2 Mar 2014