Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Where to buy Lariam in Phnom Penh?

Posted by ArcticCat on 14/1/2012 at 04:20

I've ran out of anti-malarials I've brought from back home and have been looking around different pharmacies in Phnom Penh, however none of them have the ones I've been prescribed (Lariam). If anyone has come across any, I'd really appreciate it if you would let me know.

#1 ArcticCat has been a member since 11/12/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by sayadian on 14/1/2012 at 04:41

Any pharmacy I would imagine but if you have problems try the two big ones.The 24 hour pharmacy next to Calmette hospital or the Barang pharmacy on Monivong on the corner opposite the Railway station.

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by ArcticCat on 14/1/2012 at 20:15

Thanks for your reply, I checked out both of those pharmacies yesterday with no luck. I've another day to look around, hopefully I can find it somewhere.

#3 ArcticCat has been a member since 11/12/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by sayadian on 14/1/2012 at 22:26

Really? The reason maybe is on this page,
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2012/chapter-3-infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever-and-malaria-information-by-country/cambodia.htm#5441

[url=http://]the drug is not a recommended anti-malarial in Cambodia[/url]
BTW can't seem to switch off the hyperlink facility, apologies

#4 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by ArcticCat on 15/1/2012 at 00:47

That would explain it, from the map on that site it looks like I've already spent 3 weeks in the lariam resistant part of the country.

One of the U-care pharmacies I visited today said that they usually have it in stock but are out at the moment.

#5 ArcticCat has been a member since 11/12/2011. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.