Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Anyone in Phnom Penh that want's to visit a wildlife preserve on Sunday?

• geoffraffe

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2007

Hi,

I'm in Phnom Penh at the minute and want to go to a wildlife preserve with my partner on Sunday. The trouble is the minimum for a group is 3 so we need at least 1 more. The trip is run by 2 girls and they take you through this animal preserve in a jeep. This place houses animals safely and most of the animals have been saved from illegal black market trading. i.e. this isný some cheep trek where you ride and elephant knowing that when it's closing time the elephant's beaten by the owners. The website's www.cambodiawildlifesanctuary.com if you want to have a look. Leave a message on the board and i'll contact you with my email if you're interested.

#1 Posted: 8/3/2007 - 19:32

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

HI,

I've passed this message to our man in Phnom Penh who, if he's free may be up for the trip -- he'll be in touch if he sees my email in time!

#2 Posted: 10/3/2007 - 06:41

• geoffraffe

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2007

Cool, I've to let the group know by 6pm tonight so I'll check back before that and send on my email if he's interested.

Thanks

#3 Posted: 10/3/2007 - 12:02

• DonMorgan

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2006

This is Don, the Travelfish researcher in Phnom Penh. Sorry, just got the message this morning (Sunday). If you rescheduled to wait for more people, let me know, otherwise, tell us all about the trip, please!

#4 Posted: 11/3/2007 - 10:33

• geoffraffe

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2007

Sorry, I checked the site on Sat but had to go on Sunday. And what a trip it was. I would highly recommend it. It was with betlenut tours that run out of the lazy geko restaurant beside the lakeside. The tour lasts the whole day with lunch included. you get to go so close to the animals and it's the only place in Cambodia that treats animals properly all the time! Get in touch with them and organise a trip as they go a few times a week and you won't be dissapointed

#5 Posted: 13/3/2007 - 18:47

• vickypollard

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2007

Hi geoffraffe,
    I was trying to find some more info and asked a friend who had a friend who wrote up this piece for betlenut tours.

Admin, i hope this is ok....

Can it if not, I just thought Vinh Dao's photo up the elephants snout was cool.

http://www.expat-advisory.com/cambodia/articles-phnom-tamao-zoo-cambodia.php

#6 Posted: 16/4/2007 - 11:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phnom Penh architecture tour this Sunday 18th ... By heleni on 15 Aug 2013 4 1056 18 Aug 2013
Listing Request for Phnom Tamao Wildlife Tour with Wildlife Alliance ... By wildlifetourspt on 14 Aug 2014 0 122 14 Aug 2014
New Must-Do: Wildlife Tour behind-the-scenes at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center ... By southeastasia77 on 27 Aug 2013 1 3372 31 Dec 2013
Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center - new additions ... By wildliferescue on 30 Jul 2013 0 1008 30 Jul 2013
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1088 2 Mar 2014
Daytrips to Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre - Betelnut Tours ... By betelnuttours on 1 May 2008 1 7413 21 Apr 2009