Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

HELP!! Visa!!

• kchhabra

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Hello,

I am currently working in Battambang until the middle of July. When I arrived in January I applied for the business VISA and paid the $25 fee, but after checking it again there is a T in front of my VISA number which means it's a tourist VISA.

I need to extend my VISA for 6 months, but with the tourist one I can only extend for 1 month.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any advice or recommendations!?

Can I extend for 1 month, then leave the country and come back after the second month and apply for the Business VISA again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 03:13

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I'm not sure if the T means tourist visa.

You could either extend the tourist visa or you could go to the border, leave and ask for tourist visa on return. Pretty simple.

#2 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 03:45

• kchhabra

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

T means tourist.

Is there a minimum time I have to be gone for?

Can I extend the tourist for 1 more month, then leave, and get the regular?

#3 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 19:36

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

No minimum time. Just cross the border (to Thailand I assume which is easiest anyway) go through immigration there, get your stamp, return immediately and apply for business visa.
    I have done it myself.

If you're on your first tourist visa you can extend without any problem. Even a 2nd extension should be possible but I'm less sure of that. After extension leaving and changing to business visa is also no problem. Done so myself as well. Added bonus is that it's automatically a multi-entry business visa

#4 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 20:00

• kchhabra

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Great, thank you so much!

#5 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 20:07

• kchhabra

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Also, do you know where in Battambang I can get this done?

#6 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 22:26

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

No idea but I remember there was a topic on the matter here about a year ago or so about where to do it in B'bang. Use the search function and you should find it.

#7 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 22:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.