Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh to Battambang then to Siem Reap...

Posted by meeshakar on 3/2/2012 at 01:02

Hi travelers!

Traveling to Cambodia soon, spending some time in Phonm Pehn then headed to Battambang . Best route to take? Bus, taxi? About how long?

Then from Battambang to Siem Reap , best route for that one as well? About how long is that leg of our journey?

Last, I know there are plenty of posts about Siem Reap to Bangkok, but what is the fastest way (besides flying of course).

Thanks so much for your suggestions, one can only google so much!

#1 meeshakar has been a member since 25/7/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 21

Posted by tyler on 3/2/2012 at 03:15

I went the opposite way 2 weeks ago. I took the Sorya public bus (comfortable, air con) from PP to SR for 6$ and about 7 hours. It took a little longer due to sections of the highway being washed away. Normally about 6 hours. SR to BB is about 3 hours and I think it cost about 4$. I came back to PP from SR on the Mekong Express (aircon, big seats, snack and water) for 11$ and it was a little faster because it made less stops than Sorya. The fastest way to do this would be a private taxi. I don't know about the price as I have never taken one so hopefully someone else in the know can help with that.

#2 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Where has tyler been? 

Posted by Archmichael on 10/2/2012 at 08:57

If by "best" you mean fastest, then car/private taxi is the best. If you want to have an opportunity to interact with local people, bus is the best. From Battambang to Siem Reap you can also take the boat, which costs a good deal more than the bus (about USD20) but allows you to see an area of the country that you would not be able to see otherwise.

#3 Archmichael has been a member since 23/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 396

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.