Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Koh Rong in August

• helixusion

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2011

Hi All,

I am glad that I didn't find much info about the place on the LPs and RGs ! Wanted to get an overview of the place from first hand travelers regarding budget, accommodation and getting to/around the island.

August being the rainy season in SEA, is there a chance of weather playing a serious spoilsport, considering the island is in the Gulf of Thailand, which receives comparatively lesser rainfall than the Andamans.

Any tips and suggestions about Koh Rong will be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
    Sion

#1 Posted: 5/2/2012 - 20:35

• Advertisement

• dastott

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2009

The Gulf doesn't get less rainfall it is just more evenly spread throughout the year in Ko Samui and surrounds. Around Ko Chang, which is close to Cambodia, heavy rainfall affects island life from May to October. Would guess Ko Rong would also be very wet in August but I would love to be wrong.

#2 Posted: 11/2/2012 - 05:41

• giblet

Joined Travelfish
    29th November, 2010

Everything here is first-hand: http://www.travelfish.org/location/cambodia/southern_cambodia/sihanoukville/koh_rong

It will be wet in August, but the rainy season here isn't too awful.

#3 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 23:50

• eskim0

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2011

Hey Sion,

I spent about 5 days on Koh Rong in mid August 2011. There were a couple of rainy days mixed with a couple of stunning days. Personally, I would endure a few rainy days just to experience the good days - it is a stunning place. Bottom line - it was one of my favourite parts of Cambodia.

There were 3 accommodation options nearby to the pier/wharf where you'll arrive by boat - book in advance obviously. I think prices started at $15 per bungalow per night... get info from S'ville. There was another few bungalows in the village on the 'other side' of the island which looked quite interesting. Most info can be obtained from the travel agents in S'ville.

Enjoy.

#4 Posted: 12/3/2012 - 20:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Rong in August ... By MamaH on 2 Apr 2011 2 3562 30 Jun 2011