Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bangkok to Cambodia

• swdandap

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2011

So I arrive at Bangkok airport on 18th evening at 5pm. Is it a good idea to stay at the airport to take the flight to Phnom Penh at 3pm the next evening or should I instead do the whole Aranya-border crossing thing and get to Battambagh or Siem Reap?

I am a single woman that is traveling. Is it really that difficult to go by road from Bangkok over to Cambodia? Also should I get an evisa?

Please help!

#1 Posted: 10/2/2012 - 01:57

• Advertisement

• monkeyboi19-

Joined Travelfish
    11th February, 2012

Yes get an evisa! Will save you time and having to haggle with locals. We took the train from Bangkok to Cambodia there are two a day from Bangkok one around 6am and other around 1 pm. It was cheap and worth doing once if your wanting an adventure. We took 1 pm train and stayed in Border town where train stop was. Then just walked out of Thialand and into Cambodia next day. Then catch a cab for $45 to Siem Reap :). If you're flying into Siem Reap it is more comfy but you won't experience the feeling of walking across the border. We are two women traveling alone. Just be smart don't flash jewels cash electronics ... We had travelers cheques iPads and never felt unsafe. Use American money in Cambodia they prefer it:)

#2 Posted: 11/2/2012 - 01:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.