Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

3 Full days in Cambodia

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

So I arrive around dinner time on a Monday and have 3 full days and then fly out around dinner on the friday.. I want to do both Phnom Penh (fly into) and Siem Rep.. I fly out of PP again so I have to trek back and forth.. Anyone have experiencing taking a bus a night? I wish I had more time and will have to do the best to save travel time. I would like to sleep on the day or a better plan of attack..thanks

#1 Posted: 12/2/2012 - 11:35

• Advertisement

• Benno

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

TIME2FLY,
    3 days to see Cambodia...WOW....
    Have not taken the night bus, but have taken the day bus and it was bumpy, noisy and loooong.
    You could do the Killing Fields and S21 on day 1 (TUE) which are in PP, travel up to Siem Reap and spend two days strolling around the temples and the town (WED-THU). SR is MUCH nicer than PP and your time and $$ are better spent here.

Catch the day bus from SR-PP (FRI) and hope that there are no breakdowns etc and you get to the airport with time to spare.

From memory there are super early busses which leave SR at about 0800 and get into PP at about 1600+/-. There may even be earlier ones, but I caught the 0800 one.
    No need to pre book, your hotel will advise, but spend a little extra and get the slightly more expensive ones ($US20 from memory) A/C, comfy seats etc.

Hope this helps.

#2 Posted: 13/2/2012 - 03:11

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

Thanks so much... I know I wish I had more time!!! We arrive sometime around 430pm on Tuesday. May even take the bus straight to SR spend the night and do two full days. Take the bus back to PP thru morning and spend thru and most of Friday - which we fly out after...

#3 Posted: 13/2/2012 - 21:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.