Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Help - my mate has lost their russian passport (actually it was stolen)

• PeterW

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2011

Hi

I'm hoping there may be some russian nationals here who can help. My russian friend had 2 Russian passports, cash and her credit cards stolen in Siem Reap yesterday. The Russian embassy isn't being very helpful with regard to re-issuing a new passport and I doubt the tourist police will find it either. If she can't get a new one she has to fly direct from Cambodia to Russia which effectively ends her trip. For every other country including the UK passports can be replaced but all the russian embassy in Phnom Penh have offered is a paper allowing her to stay in the Cambodia for 2 weeks and then she has to fly home. The flights from Cambodia to Russia (Siberia or St Petersburg) are very expensive. Has this happened to anyone here or any of their russian friends while travelling and if so how did they sort the problem out?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

#1 Posted: 15/2/2012 - 02:39

• Advertisement

• Sambayongui-
    des

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Hi Petter,
    I'm sorry to hear that your friends lost their passport. I'm living in Reap now, where did they loss? did you report to tourist police here already for investigation? Below is their contact:
    Tourist Police
    A police station are located opposite the main entrance/admission station to the Angkor Archaeological Park.
    Tel: 012-402424
    012-969991
    012-838768
    Pls feel free to let me know if any assistance you might need!
    Sam

#2 Posted: 16/2/2012 - 02:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lost my passport money and Bank card.. ... By potta_boro on 18 Aug 2011 20 6564 20 Aug 2011