Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Ban Pakard / Phsa Prum Border Crossing

• kchhabra

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Does anyone have any experience with this border crossing in Pailin? I was wondering if you knew the hours of operations?

#1 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 02:48

• Advertisement

• skipfeeney

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2011

No i dont know the hours - but i crossed the border in Novemeber last year at about 1pm - was dead and just went straight through. Don't buy the visa at the thai side (advertised in baht) walk up the road about 50 yards across no mans land there is a border control on the right.

It was a doddle - couldn't find any information about it at all but manage to get a taxi from Ko Samet to the border - crossed the border very easily and paid the 20$. The immigration guy asked me if i wanted a taxi - someone turned up and they took us to battembang wasn't expenisve and didnt need to barter.

#2 Posted: 28/2/2012 - 05:05

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

As this is the closest border to Battambang , I crossed it today - The mini bus from Chanturburi to Ban Packard was 150 baht - At the border a travel agency tries to scam you by saying you have to go through them to get your visa - cost 1200 - 1300 baht. This is of course false, you simply walk up the road for 5 min. Go to real immigration and pay $20 US with a photo. They girl with her tour agency T-shirt even tried to convince me it was the same price at immigration and that everyone dopes it here,

There were about 40 or so westerners at this tourist office, mostly on visa runs. All the agency does is go up the road with the same paper work I filled out - and have it processed. I don't know how they all fall for it?

I was approached by a taxi share guy who wanted 300 baht to go to Battambang from the border - this seemed reasonable as I heard it was about 200 from Pailin last yr - Oddly he wanted $15 US if I paid in dollars. But he did drive me to my guesthouse door at Here Be Dragons :) The journey in total took 3.5 hrs - and 1.5 from the border. 9:30am - to 13:00 - I was expecting it to take far more than that

#3 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 07:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.