Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Post?

• raav

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2012

Ok I have a slight problem im going to be in Cambodia in a weeks time and I've lost my credit card. So I've ordered a new one but I need to get it sent to somewhere in Cambodia that I can pick it up.

Does anybody know whats the best way to do it. I dont know where im going to be really but if I could get it sent somewhere I could organise to be there. I was wondering if its possible to have it sent to a post office for example and be able to pick it up from there. Can anybody help me?

#1 Posted: 8/3/2012 - 03:31

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

That sounds difficult if you're dependent on the credit card.
    Postal services in Cambodia are very unreliable. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks for something to arrive and sometimes 2 months. I live here and do have experience. If you do want to give it a try, the post offices do offer post restante service. So you could send it to yourself and pick it up.

I wouldn't risk anything with a credit card over the post in Cambodia. Not in the least because often the mail gets opened and you can imagine what might happen with a credit card.

Best to think of a solution working around it.

#2 Posted: 8/3/2012 - 08:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.