Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bangkok hotels on Khaosan

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

Anyone have an good suggestions for a hotel near oron Khaosan Rd.? I am looking on Agoda and have found a few decent rates. I get in to Bangkok late and would like to book something in advance so I am not looking for a room at midnight.
    I hear this is a good area to stay?

Thanks all

#1 Posted: 9/3/2012 - 03:49

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Where did you hear this was a good area to stay? It's freak show central.

#2 Posted: 10/3/2012 - 07:16

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

Really? Damn any suggestions ?

I also have know clue why I posted this in Camboda? Must have been drunk

Thanks so much

#3 Posted: 10/3/2012 - 20:30

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

how much do you want to pay for a room ,??

#4 Posted: 11/3/2012 - 00:14

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

I prefer sukhimvite, but it really depends on what your preferences are.

#5 Posted: 11/3/2012 - 04:38

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

I am not really that picky.. It will only be for the one night possibly 2. I will be flying into the islands the next day. As for as money, I'm not too concerned for the first night. I've found a few places for around or under 50.00 online ..

#6 Posted: 12/3/2012 - 09:40

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Well if you are just using Bangkok as a place to sleep and nothing else is relevent, there's a place near the airport that a friend of mine recommended. I can get the name for you if you want. It was pretty cheap and nice.

#7 Posted: 12/3/2012 - 11:34

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

i agree with mad mac , if just for one night stay near the airport , this year i found a place called the pargon inn , its about 15 minutes from the airport , and costs about 2000 baht per night , it has a nice little swimming pool , but the rooms are great , if you are looking for some thing cheaper i know another hotel not so far from the airport , rooms start at 300 baht per night and it has a swimming pool , if u want to go for the cheap option let me know as i forget the name now , and had a few to many beers to remeber !!!

#8 Posted: 12/3/2012 - 15:13

• KopiO

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2012

Try to avoid Khao San Road, but head to Prajadhipathai Road, it just a stone throw away, and in a totally different atmosphere. It's nearby the Democracy Monument (Normally Thai people doesn't know where is that, so U have to remember it's Thai name 'Anutsawarit Prajadhipathai'). Last month, I spend a weekend there, it was lovely, cozy, people are friendly (normal Bangkok people, is a little bit 'cold'). I stay at 'I Care Guesthouse', 450Baht a night (Clean, Air-con, Private Hot Shower). And all the places of interest within walking distance, an indeal place for first timer like me. If you need the GH phone number, please update your email address.

#9 Posted: 12/3/2012 - 20:14

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

I agree that it would be best to avoid Khao San road. If you really want to stay in the historic district, look for a place on the quieter streets. But considering your short stay, it would be better to stay in a district that is better served by the BTS and Metro.

Madmac has a good idea that you stay near the airport but now that the airport rail link is operational, the alternative is to stay near the Phaya Thai or Makkasan stations.

Depending on your flight time, you can even stay in other districts provided you are close to a BTS or Metro (subway) station.

Take a look at this map, so it can help you narrow down your search.
    http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/02-route-current.aspx

The other station that will be of interest to you is the Saphan Taksin BTS station on the dark green line. From there you can go to the pier and catch a ferry to the historical district.

#10 Posted: 13/3/2012 - 01:22

• Advertisement

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

Cheers, thanks ... I will look at your suggestions. I checked out my flight plan. I stay in Bangkok for 2 nights before flying out.

Thanks again, awesome!

#11 Posted: 14/3/2012 - 09:28

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Two nights? If you are a nightlife guy, I recommend Sukhimvite - up around Soi 15.

If you are not, then the town center, someplace around where Gooni and Boxee recommend.

Have a good trip man.

#12 Posted: 14/3/2012 - 10:42

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

thanks again for your help. I am taking your advice and booking a room in Sukhimvite for the two nights. I dont mind the nightlife at all. As long as I have a place thats decent and not too much noise I am good to go.
    Thanks, will do

#13 Posted: 15/3/2012 - 07:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Khaosan Park Resort, Khaosan Road, Bangkok ... By khaosanpark on 25 Apr 2010 1 2284 1 May 2010