Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem reap Family midrange hotel

• quennoo

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2012

Hi this has probably be asked one hundred times before but if anyone can suggest some great quality hotels in SR I would be grateful. I am looking to split our 12 day stay at two places.
    We are a family of 5. (3 kids under eight years)
    Ideal features of hotel:
    Budget 150 USD per night
    Pool and air con
    Benefit of being in town we can walk to get food etc however don't mind tuk tuk travel- so this may not be a major factor in the choice.
    any tips would be welcomed
    thanks

#1 Posted: 22/3/2012 - 16:13

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hi - We stayed at Royal Crown Hotel 2 years for 5-6 nights and thought it was very good. We paid US$35/night for a double room, including a pretty decent buffet-style breakfast. Pool is smallish, but wet and refreshing, and there weren't a lot of chairs around it. But that wasn't a problem as people are generally out and about and I found there was no one else around in the pool when I used it anyhow.

The hotel was just across the river from the main town, which meant it was a bit quieter, but an easy 5-10min walk into town - close to the restaurants, a market, etc. I seem to recall that WiFi was a bit hit and miss though, if that matters.

I would have no hesitation in recommending if it's in your budget. I think I booked it through Agoda or Asiarooms.

#2 Posted: 22/3/2012 - 16:50

• Benno

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

queenoo,

I absolutely agree 100% with busylizzy on The Royal Crown Hotel. Quiet, large rooms, clean, close to town and quiet all for ~$30-40N. It has a pool, A/C, breakfast included.

I have stayed there twice and would go back there in a heartbeat.

Don't waste the extra $120 on a room, spend it on your kids with cool tours and adventures.

#3 Posted: 27/3/2012 - 07:13

• TonyL

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2006

I dont think that you can go past the Soria Moria Hotel. I have stayed there 3 times now. It is owned by a Norwegian lady who was trained at a top hotel management school in Australia. The quality of the rooms and inclusions are good 4 star. The only reason that it is not listed as 4 star but 3 is that it has no room for a pool - although there is a sun area and hot tub at the top. I stayed in their best rooms at $80 per night. Other rooms, a;ll good quality, are about $40. Excellent breakfast included as also is bus or airport pick up and return. It is located very close to the centre of town, night market and "Pub Street". The lady who owns it has put, as of 2010, six of her local staff through university at her own cost. So there is a charitable component to it as well. I have been to Cambodia a number of times, staying mainly at 4 and 5 star places; Soria Moria however is the best value that I have found there. Well worth giving it a try but book a few weeks in advance if you can.

#4 Posted: 27/3/2012 - 20:45

• TonyL

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2006

I dont think that you can go past the Soria Moria Hotel. I have stayed there 3 times now. It is owned by a Norwegian lady who was trained at a top hotel management school in Australia. The quality of the rooms and inclusions are good 4 star. The only reason that it is not listed as 4 star but 3 is that it has no room for a pool - although there is a sun area and hot tub at the top. I stayed in their best rooms at $80 per night. Other rooms, a;ll good quality, are about $40. Excellent breakfast included as also is bus or airport pick up and return. It is located very close to the centre of town, night market and "Pub Street". The lady who owns it has put, as of 2010, six of her local staff through university at her own cost. So there is a charitable component to it as well. I have been to Cambodia a number of times, staying mainly at 4 and 5 star places; Soria Moria however is the best value that I have found there. Well worth giving it a try but book a few weeks in advance if you can.

#5 Posted: 27/3/2012 - 20:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
which midrange hotel in Siem Reap ... By paradise on 11 Feb 2009 2 1947 11 Feb 2009
Guesthouse accomodation Siem Reap for a family of 4. ... By coopsnpeps on 27 Mar 2010 4 3036 16 Nov 2010
Midrange Hotel Options in Rattanakosin area of Bangkok ... By scomoore1 on 28 Jun 2008 1 1833 1 Jul 2008
Siem Reap hotel? ... By Tamworth54 on 18 Dec 2007 5 2320 28 Dec 2007
Hotel Recommendation in Siem Reap ... By Apoloplaza on 26 Mar 2014 0 485 26 Mar 2014
Great Hotel in Siem Reap ... By aussie_jase on 3 Jan 2009 1 2482 8 Jan 2009
Which hotel in Siem Reap on a budget?? ... By Kachinafrance on 14 Nov 2007 16 9118 27 Jan 2010
Excellent, simple hotel in Siem Reap ... By oldspinster on 11 Oct 2007 0 1772 11 Oct 2007
Royal Crown Hotel In Siem Reap ... By Jon_Mak_Mak on 13 May 2007 0 1739 13 May 2007
Great Budget Hotel in Siem Reap ... By Khushi on 19 Mar 2009 0 2581 19 Mar 2009