Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Where to go........

• C3DRFC

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2011

After some advice please
    We are currently in Phnom Penh, but after we have done the Killing Fields an S-21 tomorrow, we are looking for some where else to try befor we go into Vietnam on the 26th, does anyone have any recommendations? Possibly some where on the coast or near the border as it will only be for one night?

Many thanks

#1 Posted: 23/3/2012 - 07:00

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

If you just wanted a day trip from Phnom Penh, and if you are interested in wildlife, I would highly recommend Phnom Tamao Wildlife Sanctuary.

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/142 (refer to the comments, too, at the bottom of the page)

It's a well-run sanctuary, and whilst you can make your own way there if you have motorbikes, etc - doing the tour with Betelnut is what made it a fantastic day for us. Vathana Sun, the girl that takes the tours, is passionate about the sanctuary and makes it an enlightening experience - and Betelnut has been given special access to some areas that are otherwise out of bounds to the public.

Otherwise, you could do a quick run down to Kampot (4-5 hour bus ride), although for only one night, I wouldn't be inclined to do so.

#2 Posted: 26/3/2012 - 14:11

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Bugger - now that I have written my comments above, I realise that my info will be too late for you. Your thread got bumped by some Vietnamese travel agent who hasn't able to help you anyhow. :-(

Oh well, hopefully it will be useful to someone else.

#3 Posted: 26/3/2012 - 14:13

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

Good info for me!!! Thanks

#4 Posted: 28/3/2012 - 23:40

• thebananaho-
    use

Click here to learn more about thebananahouse
    Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2011
    Location Global Village

Kep is neat. Enjoyed The Vine Retreat. I think it is on the way to the Vietnamese border. We live in Kampot though so easy enough to get to from our house.

#5 Posted: 1/4/2012 - 09:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.