Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Rep hotel? Book in advance?

Posted by time2fly on 24/3/2012 at 03:02

Quick question about this... Normally I would roll into town and book a hotel in person but I will be arriving at approx 1130pm. I am curious how easy it will be to find a hotel or if I should book the first night before I get in?

Thanks all

#1 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112

Posted by Gabster on 27/3/2012 at 00:08

You'd probably be fine getting a place when you arrive but I'd suggest booking something in advance as some places may not be happy at being awakened by a visitor checking prices at that time.
We always stay at the Tanei guesthouse which is central, inexpensive, has a pool and complimentary breakfast and will pick you up at the bus station if you come in that way. You can book online with them at http://www.taneiguesthouse.com

#2 Gabster has been a member since 26/3/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by Benno on 27/3/2012 at 07:09

Hi Time2Fly,
After a flight and arriving at 2330, clearing customs, getting bags, getting tuk tuk - I would pre book at least 1 night. At least you know there is a bed and you don't have to trek over Siem Reap looking for a place to stay. Even if you spend a few extra bucks by booking first, it will be worth it after after a shower and the taste of some A/C.

You can then go looking for a hotel after that if you wish.

I have stayed at The Royal Crown Hotel twice now and highly recommend it. Short walk to main market area, huge rooms and very clean and quiet. I would stay there again if I were to go back.

Good Luck

B

#3 Benno has been a member since 18/1/2012. Posts: 36

Posted by Benno on 27/3/2012 at 07:09

Hi Time2Fly,
After a flight and arriving at 2330, clearing customs, getting bags, getting tuk tuk - I would pre book at least 1 night. At least you know there is a bed and you don't have to trek over Siem Reap looking for a place to stay. Even if you spend a few extra bucks by booking first, it will be worth it after after a shower and the taste of some A/C.

You can then go looking for a hotel after that if you wish.

I have stayed at The Royal Crown Hotel twice now and highly recommend it. Short walk to main market area, huge rooms and very clean and quiet. I would stay there again if I were to go back.

Good Luck

B

#4 Benno has been a member since 18/1/2012. Posts: 36

Posted by phuphum on 28/3/2012 at 06:41

Unfortunately, you didn't furnish any travel dates, so if it's anytime near Cambodian New Year you definately need a reservation.As above also

#5 phuphum has been a member since 22/10/2011. Posts: 49

Posted by time2fly on 28/3/2012 at 23:38

Cheers all.. It's actually on the 16 of April ... just Noticed that was the end of the New Year.. Hope I find one.. I will book from Thailand
Thanks all

#6 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.