Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia to india

• leeturnbull-

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello all, me and my gf are currently in Vietnam heading through Laos and then to cambodia. We were then going to travel to Thailand and do the southern parts (already traveled through northern) to end our trip until we thought about and then found out about going to India!! Wooo! We have still not booked our tickets back to London (arriving June 26th ish) and would like to book it sooner rather than later (we think cheaper?) now I know we can obtain an Indian visa in pnom penh but my worry is that if we book flights from Cambodia to India and then India to London and then we are rejected a visa that will be a few quid down the drain! I have read some horror story's about it being difficult to get the visa in pnom penh. I guess my question is does anyone have experience or knowledge on Indian visa in Cambodia and what are the chances of a visa being rejected? Any advice would be helpful thankyou x

#1 Posted: 29/3/2012 - 07:00

• Advertisement

• mleach

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2012

Hi! We were in Phnom Penh in February this year and had to get a visa for India. It wasn't as bad as we thought but there are certain things you have to do and things you have to avoid.

I've written a blog post about our experience getting the visa - it's on our travel photography website. Hope it helps!

We travelled from Bangkok to Mumbai and then Mumbai to Jaipur with low cost airline Indigo and they were excellent. Not sure if they fly to PP though. Had a bit of a culture shock in India after travelling round south east asia for 2 months - the Cambodians, Thais and Vietnamese were definitely more chilled out! It's definitely worth the visit but best to be prepared!

#2 Posted: 2/4/2012 - 06:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.