Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Anlong Veng

• vietabroad

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'll be in Siem Reap for two days and want to see Anlong Veng and the Khmer Rouge sites there. Has anyone done a day trip from Siem Reap to Anlong Veng and is it complicated? Once in Anlong Veng, are guides easy to find? Can I see the Khmer Rouge-related places in one day and head back to Siem Reap, and is a taxi easy to get returning to Siem Reap?

#1 Posted: 4/4/2012 - 02:04

• Advertisement

• bananas4baba

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2010

We used public transport to get to and stayed overnight in Anlong Veng when we did this in 2010. Arranged for a couple of moto drivers to take us from Anlong Veng to the various sites beyond and above Anlong Veng (Ta Mok's tomb, the dam, the Khmer Rouges statues, Pol Pot's funeral pyre, Ta Mok's and Pol Pot's last hide-outs, etc..). Back then you would not have been able to get much beyond Pol Pot's funeral pyre by taxi - the track was sandy, bumpy and slow. E-mail me directly and I'll send you some pics.

#2 Posted: 4/4/2012 - 11:21

• vietabroad

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

thanks, bananas4baba, not sure how to send you a message.

#3 Posted: 4/4/2012 - 11:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ubon to Anlong Veng ... By lad on 11 Nov 2010 4 2177 20 Jan 2011
Pailin and Anlong Veng transport advice- or somewhere else? ... By Bridgequeen on 7 Mar 2014 0 704 7 Mar 2014