Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Angkor air

• Blondie1918

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2012

Hi, i've been looking into travelling around Cambodia and pretty much figured the bus was the only way to go. Then I found this airline. Does anyone have any experience booking and flying with them? Only have a week so if I can use the odd flight to get around I might be able to add in an extra place to visit.

#1 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 04:39

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

The only flight worth considering is Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. All the other routes are only a 4 -6 hour bus ride away and you won't gain much time if you take check-in and such into consideration.

#2 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 05:32

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Sorry - don't know anything about the airline, but I agree with eastwest - the buses are actually pretty good in Cambodia (if you don't mind the blaring videos), not excessively long and reasonably priced.

#3 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 15:40

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Sorry - don't know anything about the airline, but I agree with eastwest - the buses are actually pretty good in Cambodia (if you don't mind the blaring videos), not excessively long and reasonably priced.

#4 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 15:40

• bryce_beami-
    sh

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2012

Just bought a ticket on them from Siem Reap to Saigon. I had debated waiting until I got to Cambodia to see if they were cheaper there but I had heard this was not the case. I paid $100 per person plus $100 in taxes. I've also heard that this airline is essentially Vietnam Airlines in disguise and the seemingly random (and rounded) dollar amount I paid in tax would seem to verify that.

#5 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 15:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.