Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

traveling with a baby

• katshimakawa

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2012

hi
    i am going to cambodia for 1 or maybe 2 weeks in august. we want to go phnom penh to siem reap...via air as i think the bus journey would not be very nice for my 14 month old.

but when i search only bangkok airlines seem to do it , via bankok for 650us one way??

Are there other airlines?
    also any other tips anyone can give us for traveling with a baby? she is used to the heat etc as she lives in jakarta.

for the 2nd week we were thinking of going south to kep or silhounouville or kampot...

anyone know the travel length to get from PP , realistically and also if there are nice enough accom, / things to do, to amuse my 14 month.?
    .who may or may not be walking - who knows??

should i just be safe and have 1 week in cambodia and then move 2nd week to somewhere like thailand?

thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 1/5/2012 - 03:59

• Advertisement

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Travel time from PP to Kep is about 4.5 hours on the bus, but I would suggest getting a private taxi and you can do the journey in about 2.5 hours. There's some lovely resort accommodation there - my friend has a 10 month old, and Kep is her favourite place to go for a weekend. Check out some of the places here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/cambodia/southern_cambodia/kampot/kep/all
    You can easily visit Rabbit Island for the day, relax by the pool, wander around Kep and take things easy.

Likewise, outside Kampot there are some nice resorts, but a bit out of the way of the town itself.

Try Vietnam Air for the flight from PP to SR - might be cheaper to buy when you arrive here. Alternatively, another private taxi - about 4 hours travel time.

#2 Posted: 1/5/2012 - 20:58

• katshimakawa

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2012

any idea of the costs of private taxi's?
    pp to Sr?

thanks

#3 Posted: 2/5/2012 - 00:59

• hubrocket

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2012

Hi,

Quoting from another website: "Private taxi: US$50 or more for the whole car. 4-5 hours. Negotiate the price with a local taxi or arrange a private taxi through your hotel or travel agent. Generally speaking, the better the car, the higher the price. "

Source: http://www.canbypublications.com/siemreap/srtransp.htm

#4 Posted: 2/5/2012 - 01:56

• Alfred_T

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2012

It can be stressful to think about traveling with a baby. But the key is to be organized and think ahead. Traveling with a baby could be that much more difficult; planning ahead becomes essential. Before you pack your carry-on for the flight, create a checklist of necessities and make sure you have everything before you go to the airport.

#5 Posted: 13/9/2012 - 00:17

• RickWarren

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

Hello guys

Thanks for sharing your Cambodia Tourist Attractions information, Really I am highly appreciated.

Nice to meet you
    RickWarren

#6 Posted: 13/9/2012 - 08:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Traveling with a baby (16m) in Asia ... By ronileh on 15 Nov 2011 1 1449 15 Nov 2011
Traveling with Baby and itinerary help! ... By ambicoed on 5 Oct 2012 3 2055 17 Oct 2012