Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bangkok to Siem Reap on the 15th of MAy

• yager01

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

We are going to travel by train from Bangkok Hualamphong on the 15th of May. The train will start 5:50 from the station. If everything will be ok we will arrive to Aranyaprathet at noon.

We are going to make E-visa so I hope that we can cross the border without any problem. From Poipet we want to travel by taxi to Siem Reap.

Does Anybody would like to come with us? We would like to share the taxi cost.

If anyone has any advice to this jorney please write down here :)

#1 Posted: 6/5/2012 - 02:46

• Advertisement

• Jelle

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

I'm doing the same trip on the 9th of May.
    Where did you find the info of the trains? I only found info about minibusses to the Cambodian border, but I couldn't book any of them online.

I'll do the Cambodia/Vietnam border around the 17th of May, still have to find the best way to do that one...

#2 Posted: 6/5/2012 - 09:28

• yager01

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

The http://www.seat61.com/ is the best site!

There is lot of information many country...

#3 Posted: 7/5/2012 - 09:47

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

More options and faster and more comfortable if you take the bus to Aran.

Then when you cross the border just look for other travelers to share the taxi trip with. Pretty easy.

'sheeed

#4 Posted: 12/5/2012 - 23:51

• tasqeenm

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2012

The border crossing should not be a problem. We did it a month ago without a hitch. Also, we went to the Poipet bus terminal using the free bus shuttle service. It has a bus timed to pick up the train passengers arriving in from Aranyaprathet and travelling on from Poipet to Siem Reap. Alternately, a taxi costs USD 48 and we found other passengers at the bus terminal who were willing to share a taxi with us.

#5 Posted: 18/5/2012 - 21:59

• tasqeenm

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2012

I have also posted a write-up of our trip on http://thequaintmenu.wordpress.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=post

#6 Posted: 18/5/2012 - 22:03

• yager01

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

Thank you all information! We arrived yesterday our roundtrip from Asia. Everything was ok by the Cambodian border point!

BKK-Aranyaprathet by train - cost about 48 THB per person
    After TukTuk to the border point - cost maximum 30 THB
    Walk trought on the "nobodys land" - beetwen Thailand - Cambodia
    After Free bus to Poipet tourist terminal

Here you can travel by bus (9USD/person), minibus (10USD/person), or taxi. to Siem Reap!

The travel time is about 2.5 hour --- it was very strait road ! (but new, and good qualaity without traffic)

#7 Posted: 30/5/2012 - 13:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Trip advice - Bangkok - Siem Reap - Ko Mak - Bangkok ... By JessandScott on 13 Jan 2009 13 5232 28 Jun 2010
29 y/o Male from States solo Feb 15th thru Mar 15th ... By jbreezy on 23 Dec 2010 0 1504 23 Dec 2010
Battambang to Bangkok or Siem Reap to Bangkok ... By tinoh on 19 Feb 2010 4 7426 17 Sep 2010