Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Charity work

• Jelle

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

Hi,

I'm traveling in Cambodia. I wanted to go to Vietnam, but I got robbed, and all my documents are stolen, so I can't leave the country for about 1 month.

I think about doing some charity work anywhere in Cambodia for one or two weeks. I just want to do something good for some people, I don't know. I lost a lot of money from that robbery, and I don't feel like having the Backpackers life in Cambodia for another month.

All tips about organizations or projects are welcome! I don't really know where to start searching!

Kind regards,

Jelle

#1 Posted: 16/5/2012 - 09:43

• Advertisement

• mallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2012

are you going to siem reap? there are some schools and orpanages there that always want volunteers
    Personally i think that going to orphanages is a bit unfair, it must be like being in a human zoo if there are random foreigners coming through every day, because it is their home. teaching at a school is better, the children some in for a couple of hours and go home again

there are some contact details here for volunteering at schools http://www.siemreap-cambodia.net/category/volunteer-in-siem-reap/

#2 Posted: 27/5/2012 - 23:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Charity work in Phnom Penh ... By figurine on 8 Jan 2009 0 1229 8 Jan 2009