Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Travel advice

• SamParnell

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2012

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}Hi all,

Two mates and I have just starting planning our new year’s holiday adventureand would appreciate some advice a good ideas of what to see and do. We haveparticipated in a football trip the previous year which found is staying a weekin Phuket for a week of partying and shopping. This was great but I wouldprefer a more laid back approach (apart from NYE) this time round.

So far we have locked in that we will be attending the fullmoon party at Koh Phangan for New Years Eve but apart from that we are a littleunsure of what to do. We would like to travel through Thailand after this, followed by Laos Vietnamand Cambodiain not particular order.

Backpacking seems like its going to be the cheapest way to do all this as we wishto stay for a month. However I am a little worried about finding places to stayalong the road if we do not pre book all of our accommodation. Since we do notknow where we will be and when, it makes it a little hard to book in advance.

Also anytowns or activities that you recommend throughout these countries I would loveto here about it as my knowledge of this part of the world is lacking.

Looking forwardto hearing all of your suggestion! Regards Sam :)

#1 Posted: 17/5/2012 - 01:07

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.