Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Hanoi--time crunch

• patrickb

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2007

I'll have to go from Siem Reap to Hanoi so I can catch a flight out of Hanoi. I just checked Vietnam Airlines; their flight is $200. Though I'm reluctant to pay that much, I'll probably end up going with it because I have no other option at this point.

Does anyone know if you can get from S. Reap to Hanoi by bus or train in a day or two? (I realize they're very far, just checking).

THANKS!!

#1 Posted: 13/4/2007 - 16:21

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Patrick,

It will take the best part of two days to get from Siem Reap to Saigon then at least another two days from Saigon to Hanoi.

If the Siem Reap to Hanoi flight is too pricey, may be cheaper to fly from Phnom Penh to Hanoi -- not sure though.

#2 Posted: 13/4/2007 - 17:28

• vuh

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2007

Hello Patrick,
    I don't know how much times you have to go from Siem Reap to Hanoi.

When I was in Vietnam in August 2005, there was a promotion from Pacific Airlines for 50 USD flying from Saigon to Hanoi but the flight was only schedule around 10 pm. To buy it, you needs to book it 1 week in advance and your ticket is not refundable.
    By memory, this promotion was not indicated on pacific airlines website.
    I don't know if this promotion is still available now.
    I highly recommend to fly because bus travelling requires at least 2 days (cheap= 35 USD for an open ticket) but it will kill your body as these bus are not very comfortable.

From Siem Reap to Saigon, I cannot help.

Hope it was helpful

#3 Posted: 4/5/2007 - 20:21

• ernieh

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi patrickb,

The Mekong Express Bus travels direct from Siem Reap to HMC. The bus departs SR at 7:00 and arrives in HMC at 19:00. It makes a 30 minute stop in Phom Penh. The bus ticket costs $22 US and can be booked in SR at:

Mekong Delta Tours
    (Next to the Laundry Bar)
    No. 287, Phsar Chas (Old Market), Siem Reap
    Tel: (855)012 559447
    E-mail: mekongtoursspp@yahoo.com
    www.mekongvietnam.com

The other option is to fly with Vietnam Airlines. They offer 6 daily flights starting from 13:30. A one way flight costs US $118 plus US $25 departure tax.

Ernie

Ernie

#4 Posted: 4/5/2007 - 21:22

• ernieh

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi patrickb,

The Mekong Express Bus travels direct from Siem Reap to HMC. The bus departs SR at 7:00 and arrives in HMC at 19:00. It makes a 30 minute stop in Phom Penh. The bus ticket costs $22 US and can be booked in SR at:

Mekong Delta Tours
    (Next to the Laundry Bar)
    No. 287, Phsar Chas (Old Market), Siem Reap
    Tel: (855)012 559447
    E-mail: mekongtoursspp@yahoo.com
    www.mekongvietnam.com

The other option is to fly with Vietnam Airlines. They offer 6 daily flights starting from 13:30. A one way flight costs US $118 plus US $25 departure tax.

Ernie

Ernie

#5 Posted: 4/5/2007 - 21:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hanoi - Siem Reap ... By eirie on 15 Feb 2008 7 9612 7 Jun 2008
Hanoi to Siem Reap ... By backpacker21 on 25 Nov 2011 5 3005 1 Dec 2011