Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Need some travel advice!

• amelia_bum

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012

Hi, me and my boyfriend are planning on doing a trip for about 9 weeks and want to do Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. We are not the most organised people and I'm struggling to plan it all and need some help please. Does anyone know if you can book everything all together? Like flights, accommodation excursions etc? Or know where is the best route to go for these places in our time scale, we are thinking 2 weeks in each place. Any help would be great and really appreciated. We have Thailand sorted as we went there last year, we woul like to go to Phuket, Chang mai.
    Thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 22/6/2012 - 03:59

• Advertisement

• surmetta

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012

My suggestion is:
    Day 1, 2: Arrival - Phnom Penh
    Day: 3,4: Kampong Cham, Kratie, Kampong Tom
    Day:5,6,7,8: Siem Reap
    Day: 9,10, Battambang
    Day:11: Phnom Penh
    Day: 12,13,14: Beach Sihanouk Ville
    Day: 15: Phnom Penh - Depature

These you can cover most part of Cambodia, please let me know if you need the detail program.

#2 Posted: 22/6/2012 - 04:55

• pedroander

Joined Travelfish
    28th May, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi My G/F and I are currently travelling in the areas you mention. We just play it by ear and do every thing as we need. To book accommodation in advance is a mistake we think as the places booked might be no good. Finding the places booked also can be difficult , especially when you pass other places to get to where the booking was made. We don't do many tours as we can find plenty to do without such things. Just getting on a local bus and riding around is good. We use night transport when possible as this saves one night of accommodation and gives a whole day to search for decent cheap places. Avoid using the touts when you arrive though Hope this helps some.

#3 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 09:41

• Ted_Anderson

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Hi there, I think you can try with one agency in cambodia. That one we have use their services last time when we were in Vietnam and Cambodia. They give us the very nice and standard service - Can said that we deserve what we expense, food, transportation, tour guide, hotel and other stuff are well arrangement also we usually got their phone call to check if we got any problem or not while we are in the trip. That's very good service and so friendly.
    You better contact with Mr. Rya ( his email : rya@laroute-angkor.com ) for more detail information.

#4 Posted: 3/7/2012 - 00:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.