Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Where to go?

• ct999

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012

I'll be spending the entire month of August in Indochina (1st half w/ a great friend, latter half with girlfriend). I have planned out and bought plane tickets for the first 3 weeks, but I need advice/recommendations for the last week. My itinerary is:
    - Bangkok (2 days)
    - Luang Prabang area (6 days)
    - Chiang Mai area (3 days)
    - Beaches in Southern Thailand (3 days)
    - Bangkok / picking up my girlfriend - (2 days)
    - Beaches in Southern Thailand (5 days)
    - Siem Reap/Angkor Wat (3 days)
    - ???

We're open to and have thought about:
    - exploring other areas of Cambodia
    - exploring southern Laos
    - flying to Ho Chi Minh City?
    - anything else

Thanks in advance for the tips!

#1 Posted: 22/6/2012 - 19:48

• Advertisement

• surmetta

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012

Why don't you spend one or 2 days in Phnom Penh, and few days on the beach of Sihanouk Ville, before heading to Saigon? I think you will get a good experience from these places

#2 Posted: 25/6/2012 - 04:50

• Alan85

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2012

These places you mention above are very good but I agree with Surmetta that Phnom Penh and Sihanouk also very attractive places. I want to go there in my upcoming vocations at the end of September and Sihanouk is my main place this time.

#3 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 04:17

• sonali22cha-
    uhan

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2012

You have already plan very nice planning for your tour ! I don't think so you have need to recommendations, you already mention & made your beautiful planning with your girl friend so...

#4 Posted: 8/8/2012 - 00:14

• wildlifelov-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

I agree. It looks like you are very good at planning your trip. Cambodia has lots of wonderful things which are suite every kind of tour. Family trip, friends trip, .... and especially trip with girlfriend or boyfriend.

Come and explore the wildlife nature, do the wildlife spotting trek in northern of the country. Make up an forgettable experience in life with your girlfriend.

See Irrawaddy Dolphin in Kratie, sitting on a boat spotting nice view on the river with Dolphin. I bet your girlfriend likes it.

Spending time in capital of Phnom Penh for busy life and nice architectural buildings left over from french colonial.

Relax peacefully in Kep , breath in the fresh air with wonderful view of the sea and nature. Explore the quiet life in Kep with left over of some gorgeous architecture building in the 60's.

See the 7th world wonderful temple of Angkor Wat in Siem Reap. Explore another temples or visiting the floating villages on the biggest fresh water lake in SEA.

There are more than those to see in Cambodia. I love Cambodia...

#5 Posted: 4/10/2012 - 22:28

• wildlifelov-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

I agree. It looks like you are very good at planning your trip. Cambodia has lots of wonderful things which are suite every kind of tour. Family trip, friends trip, .... and especially trip with girlfriend or boyfriend.

Come and explore the wildlife nature, do the wildlife spotting trek in northern of the country. Make up an forgettable experience in life with your girlfriend.

See Irrawaddy Dolphin in Kratie, sitting on a boat spotting nice view on the river with Dolphin. I bet your girlfriend likes it.

Spending time in capital of Phnom Penh for busy life and nice architectural buildings left over from french colonial.

Relax peacefully in Kep , breath in the fresh air with wonderful view of the sea and nature. Explore the quiet life in Kep with left over of some gorgeous architecture building in the 60's.

See the 7th world wonderful temple of Angkor Wat in Siem Reap. Explore another temples or visiting the floating villages on the biggest fresh water lake in SEA.

There are more than those to see in Cambodia. I love Cambodia...

#6 Posted: 4/10/2012 - 22:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.