Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Where to go?

Posted by ct999 on 22/6/2012 at 19:48

I'll be spending the entire month of August in Indochina (1st half w/ a great friend, latter half with girlfriend). I have planned out and bought plane tickets for the first 3 weeks, but I need advice/recommendations for the last week. My itinerary is:
- Bangkok (2 days)
- Luang Prabang area (6 days)
- Chiang Mai area (3 days)
- Beaches in Southern Thailand (3 days)
- Bangkok / picking up my girlfriend - (2 days)
- Beaches in Southern Thailand (5 days)
- Siem Reap/Angkor Wat (3 days)
- ???

We're open to and have thought about:
- exploring other areas of Cambodia
- exploring southern Laos
- flying to Ho Chi Minh City?
- anything else

Thanks in advance for the tips!

#1 ct999 has been a member since 22/6/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by surmetta on 25/6/2012 at 04:50

Why don't you spend one or 2 days in Phnom Penh, and few days on the beach of Sihanouk Ville, before heading to Saigon? I think you will get a good experience from these places

#2 surmetta has been a member since 22/6/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Alan85 on 19/7/2012 at 04:17

These places you mention above are very good but I agree with Surmetta that Phnom Penh and Sihanouk also very attractive places. I want to go there in my upcoming vocations at the end of September and Sihanouk is my main place this time.

#3 Alan85 has been a member since 18/7/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by sonali22chauhan on 8/8/2012 at 00:14

You have already plan very nice planning for your tour ! I don't think so you have need to recommendations, you already mention & made your beautiful planning with your girl friend so...

#4 sonali22chauhan has been a member since 7/8/2012. Posts: 7

Posted by wildlifelover on 4/10/2012 at 22:28

I agree. It looks like you are very good at planning your trip. Cambodia has lots of wonderful things which are suite every kind of tour. Family trip, friends trip, .... and especially trip with girlfriend or boyfriend.

Come and explore the wildlife nature, do the wildlife spotting trek in northern of the country. Make up an forgettable experience in life with your girlfriend.

See Irrawaddy Dolphin in Kratie, sitting on a boat spotting nice view on the river with Dolphin. I bet your girlfriend likes it.

Spending time in capital of Phnom Penh for busy life and nice architectural buildings left over from french colonial.

Relax peacefully in Kep , breath in the fresh air with wonderful view of the sea and nature. Explore the quiet life in Kep with left over of some gorgeous architecture building in the 60's.

See the 7th world wonderful temple of Angkor Wat in Siem Reap. Explore another temples or visiting the floating villages on the biggest fresh water lake in SEA.

There are more than those to see in Cambodia. I love Cambodia...

#5 wildlifelover has been a member since 9/5/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by wildlifelover on 4/10/2012 at 22:28

I agree. It looks like you are very good at planning your trip. Cambodia has lots of wonderful things which are suite every kind of tour. Family trip, friends trip, .... and especially trip with girlfriend or boyfriend.

Come and explore the wildlife nature, do the wildlife spotting trek in northern of the country. Make up an forgettable experience in life with your girlfriend.

See Irrawaddy Dolphin in Kratie, sitting on a boat spotting nice view on the river with Dolphin. I bet your girlfriend likes it.

Spending time in capital of Phnom Penh for busy life and nice architectural buildings left over from french colonial.

Relax peacefully in Kep , breath in the fresh air with wonderful view of the sea and nature. Explore the quiet life in Kep with left over of some gorgeous architecture building in the 60's.

See the 7th world wonderful temple of Angkor Wat in Siem Reap. Explore another temples or visiting the floating villages on the biggest fresh water lake in SEA.

There are more than those to see in Cambodia. I love Cambodia...

#6 wildlifelover has been a member since 9/5/2012. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.