Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Rural Homestay/Rain forest/jungle suggestions

• echobeach

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2012

Hello, I have my first trip to cambodia coming up in September.

I have three weeks to explore but decided to stay in fewer places and explore in depth. I am a photographer and will spend 9 days in and around Siem Reap trying to capture Angkor.

I have also booked a 5 night stay in Phnom Penh before flying out to Bangkok for my return flight.

It is the height of the wet season and beaches do not appeal and have been searching for a more rural , quiet rainforest, trekking, adventure sort of stay for the remaining 6 days. i found Rainbow Lodge but the logistics and WET make it a long haul trip for a few days. i also found an ideal home stay close to Takeo but they do not take single travellers and are closed for most of September.

So any suggestions ? Anywhere in Western cambodia and easy access from Siem Reap ? Quiet, jungle experience, hiking options, lack of major tourism ,

Thanks, phil

#1 Posted: 25/7/2012 - 02:27

• Advertisement

• echobeach

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2012

Adds it was The Village Breeze Home stay that is partially closed and not accepting single traveller bookings in September .

#2 Posted: 25/7/2012 - 02:30

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

You might want to check this thread. I think this lady stayed there as alone.

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/cambodiaadditions/18815_village-breeze-homestay-in-rural-cambodia---life-changing-experience

#3 Posted: 25/7/2012 - 02:46

• echobeach

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2012

Hehe thats the place that is closed to singles during September.

Has decided to stay in Siem Reap for two weeks. As a photographer then will have lots of time to photograph temples and everything. Is looking for interesting tours out of Siem Reap. Any suggestions ?

Dirt Bike tours, cycling, hiking. it is the height of the wet season so what is possible. still looking,

Phil

#4 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 03:11

• wildlifelov-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

That sounds like you are coming in a a bit wrong time to explore the countries in Asia.
    The height of the wet season causes you not to get the most out of the country of Cambodia as you wish. Beaches, Temples and Trekking seem like they are not appealed.

If you are coming in November, you will definitely worth to discover those kinds of stuff you want. You can either take the most wonderful shots of the temples, relax on the lovely beaches, or do the exclusive gibbon spotting trek in the Northern of the country.

#5 Posted: 5/9/2012 - 00:56

• echobeach

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2012

Hello and thanks. i have decided to concentrate on Siem Reap and Phnom Penh but I will probably be back in 2013 sometime for a dirt biking trip and a trekking holiday to the North East.

Has two weeks in Siem Reap but can easily fill those two weeks with a more relaxed photography experience.

#6 Posted: 5/9/2012 - 08:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Khao Sok Rain Forest with family ... By Ikkersheim on 19 May 2009 1 1229 8 Jun 2009
Village Breeze Homestay in rural Cambodia - life changing experience ... By newzealand on 10 Jun 2012 50 6321 5 Jul 2012
Best Elephant Jungle Trek - any suggestions? ... By jkian on 14 Apr 2011 0 1860 14 Apr 2011
Homestay suggestions ... By hamilove on 2 Jan 2010 1 2220 9 Jan 2010