Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

PP to where?

• lylzezane01

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2012
    Location Australia

I am flying into Phnom Penh on the 20th of Nov. I plan to be a beach dweller and join the 'lost travellers' on the islands, starting at Sihanoukville. Ive done all of the touristy stuff (many ive done three times) so Im looking for any low key ideas? Although I might go up to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat again. Just because its awesome. I am looking for stuff that will most likely be gone in a few years but I haven't seen before. All I can find are the main attractions so any tips/suggestions would be awesome!

#1 Posted: 4/9/2012 - 22:45

• Advertisement

• WhiteRabbit-
    KH

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2012
    Location Cambodia

Well, if you can get to any of the islands this time around that would be a good idea because all of them have been sold to foreign investors and they will most likely change drastically over the next few years.

Koh Rong is really beautiful, with white sand beaches that go on for kilometers. There is the main side where there are a few places to stay like Monkey Island and Paradise Bungalows. On the other side of the island is Lazy Beach, which is suppose to be really nice.

Koh Ru only has one place to stay on it, but I heard they are doing renovations right now so it should be nicely updated by November.

If you haven't already been to Otres beach, which is about 5 kilometers south of Sihanoukville then check it out as well. Nice chilled out beach far away from the touristy places.

I would suggest you start making reservations now for the islands because they get filled up very quickly that time of year.

Cheers!

#2 Posted: 13/9/2012 - 16:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.