Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

the best way to get to nam from siem reap

• millwall1885

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

hi i am going to siem reap in jan then going to vietnam whats the best way to get there and do i need a visa thanks

#1 Posted: 14/9/2012 - 05:56

• Advertisement

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

u will need to get a visa for both countries , cambodia u can get on arrival at the airport and some border crossing , you best best is to have a look at the visa section on this web site

http://www.travelfish.org/visas/vietnam
    http://www.travelfish.org/visas/cambodia

danny

#2 Posted: 16/9/2012 - 13:09

• sarahincamb-
    odia

Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2012

To get from Siem Reap to Vietnam (specifically Ho Chi Min) you'll have to go through Phnom Penh , so it might be worth factoring in a day or two in the capital to break up the journey. As the previous response noted, visas to Cambodia can be obtained on arrival (less hassle in the airport than land border), but most nationalities need to obtain Vietnam visas in advance, as they're not available on the border. You can take buses from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh and then from there on to Vietnam. If you want to do it all in one go and just swap on to another bus in Phnom Penh, you'll be able to buy a ticket for the whole journey at any guest house or travel agent in Siem Reap.

Happy travels!

#3 Posted: 17/9/2012 - 02:10

• millwall1885

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

thanks guys sarah i think i will stay in phnam penh for two days have a look around ,i am so looking forward to going ..

#4 Posted: 19/9/2012 - 01:27

• millwall1885

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

does anyone no if i can get to phu quoc from cambodia

#5 Posted: 19/9/2012 - 02:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.